+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Easy to Prepare Meals..

DD gets very unsettled around dinner time.. I need some inspiration for easy to prepare meals..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Grate a heap of veggies, add a cup of pasta and cook in a saucepan of water. Serve with cheese. Add a vegetable stock if your child likes some flavour (mine don't).

ETA: I make that for the kids, then while they eat get something in the oven for DH & I unless the kids are well behaved then they just eat what we do.
    Last edited by MummaOJ; 09-01-2014 at 17:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gnocchi with pesto.

Make your own pesto & freeze in small batches, or, the cheats way.. Buy some barilla pesto, steam some broccoli, zucchini (anything green), smash up the veggies and mix into the pesto.

Takes 10 mins and hides the veggies. A winner at our place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you have a slow cooker? Great for busy families! I second gnocchi. We have it with cream, rocket and bacon, for more nutrients the above comment looks good! Sometimes I chop up veggies for roasting and store them in a zip lock bag in the fridge till I need them. Then I just pull them out and whack them in the oven, yum.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You know those continental packet pastas? The chicken curry one with extra grated veg, a handful of frozen peas and corn and some chicken if you have it is pretty quick. Add boiled eggs too if you CBF.

Fish fingers, toasted sandwiches or wraps. pizza on pita bread are all super quick.

Or something like schnitzel and salad or tacos are pretty quick too

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD2 was a nightmare in the arvo around cooking dinner time & my DH is a shift worker so often wasn't home.

I tried to do some dinner prep during the day, like prepare a salad then all I had to do was add grilled meat, make a bolognese sauce etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make most of my dinners in the morning when ds is a bit more settled or at night for the following day once he's gone to bed. That's if I didn't want to collapse on the couch with wine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Funnels For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prepare dinner while DD has her nap when I'm at home. I also cook large batches of bolognese sauce (I grate up lots of veggies in the sauce) and freeze for rainy days as it's her favourite. DD also loves egg so if I'm really rushed I can just whip up an omelette and she's happy.