+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both my kids have eaten salads since we started solids. But they don't get dressings on theirs.

Today they had an Asian salad with bok choy, carrot, wombok, capsicum, bean sprouts, shallots, fresh coriander and mint.

Greek, bean, Caesar, pasta, rice and Asian salads are popular. Last week we had a butter bean salad with grilled asparagus and crumbled goats cheese.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389256106.590194.jpg my DD wouldn't touch salad until recently (19m). I used this dressing and it seemed to do the trick ☺️
    Last edited by Tippytoes; 09-01-2014 at 18:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He's not a fan. I usually put a very small portion on his plate focusing on stuff he does eat like cucumber, olives, capsicum, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 4 yr old refuses anything but cucumber.

My 2yr old will try anything. He loves cucumber & tomato as a side. Last week I gave him some of our tomato, lettuce, cucumber & carrot salad (with dressing) and he liked it!
    So for him it was just feed raw veggies and then sneak in the dressing later

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have always fed dd salad - from the time she started solids because we did blw and we eat salads 5-6 nights per week. So she started with all the items separately and then we went from there. We don't use dressing though as I feel it defeats the healthiness (apart from Asian crunchy noodle salad) but I know heaps of people only like a dressed salad so maybe try some?

Or Could u gradually add the items to his menu by giving say lettuce on a sandwich for lunch with cherry tomato on the side, or celery and capsicum strips with a dip for afternoon tea etc. So that they become normalised.

Last suggestion could you get him to help prepare it (give him plastic/butter knife to cut cheese, cucumber - let him toss it or dress it) so he is excited to eat the fruits of his labour.

Oh and we do just a normal garden salad mostly: iceberg lettuce, spinach, celery, carrot, avocado, terra cheese, snow peas, green beans, cherry tomato, radish, spring onion or red onion, capsicum, sprouts, & hard boiled egg sometimes we put crunchy noodles or cashews on top.

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Isabellabean; 09-01-2014 at 19:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids will eat individual items in a bento box type container but as soon as I toss them together they refuse so I just have them all individually arranged on a plate. I remember being the same until I was about 8-9 years old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS loves salad dressing and I think they are quite healthy! I use good quality extra virgin olive oil or flaxseed oil or walnut oil with a big squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a splash of apple cider vinegar or I have a caramalised balsamic vinegar addiction and add that to just about everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make smiley faces out of the pieces. (still won't eat lettuce)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neither of my kids will eat salad. Really hard as we both eat lots of salads, but now gravitate to veg more since they came along.
    I keep trying by putting nuts on their plates, but they invariably get left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cut things up nice and small and also cut up some tinned pears and mix it through as well...a little bit of sweetness helps