+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How do you get your toddler to eat salad?

How do you serve salad? Dressing? Recipes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never succeeded with any of my boys other than the unhealthy ones like pasta and potato. I give them bits and pieces but I don't both with lettuce etc. the one salad my kids will actually eat (it was also all I would eat growing up) is iceberg lettuce shredded, with grated carrot and grated cheese... Better than nothing I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried cutting things up into funny shapes? We used to use the vegetable peeler to make ribbons of carrot & cucumber. We would get excited & tell my little brother we were going to eat curly carrots and curly cucumbers then roll up the ribbon & eat them- he loved it. We also got him to switch to brown bread when he was 3 by calling it chocolate bread. It's a bit mean to tell a fib but he used to demand chocolate bread so it worked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS just loves a salad of cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices.

This is one of his favourite things. Thankfully it's healthy because he doesn't eat a wide range of foods (we're working on it though!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS loves salad but has been eating it since he started solids as we usually have one at every meal so thinks it's quite normal - I've found Greek salad is the one most kids like - cherry tomatoes, cucumber , olives, feta or the wombok noodle salad or any salad with cheese and balsamic dressing seems to be a hit at our dinners

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds would eat salad items but wasnt a fan of salad. So we just put beetroot with a burger, lettuce spread with peanut butter and pop a banana inside like a wrap, grated carrot in a taco etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    (I know this sounds terrible but it worked!) Honey. Lots and lots of honey! That was how I started with DD and just gradually put on less honey until she stopped needing it. She liked cooked veggies but just wasn't into anything raw. She loves salad now (6yo) and doesn't have any dressing, favourites are the crunchy part of iceberg lettuce, grape or homegrown tomatoes, cucumber, carrot and raw snow/sugar snap peas.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter (15 months) will eat most parts of salad, generally just not lettuce. She'll nibble on it a bit, but she tend to like foods that seem more substantial. She's currently eating a salad of feta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber & mint with a balsamic dressing. One of her faviourites.

I just try to make a variety of interesting salads and if she eats it she eats it, if she doesn't she doesn't.

Maybe balsamic or honey mustard dressing? Chunky salads rather than leafy? Things with nuts? Cooked veg-based ones?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! I served him up grated carrot and cheese, spinnach, tomato salad with a soy mayo dressing and he picked out the cheese and left the rest. I'll try some of these suggestions!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (09-01-2014)