+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DP and I both have huge families. We couldn't afford to invite everyone, even if we wanted to! For eg DP is one of idk like 30 something cousins? ( his mum is one of 12) I'm one of the youngest out of 13 cousins on my mums side alone, where in which every one of us have partners, and I've been to a few of their weddings once I turned 18. I'd love to invite them all but at $200 a head for food alone, I dont think so! So we've decided when we finally do plan a wedding, it will be an over seas small intimate one with close friends and VERY close family. IMO it's easier to organize something small and private than worry about everyone's feelings weather they'll get an invite or not. I know this comes across as selfish, but honestly, after all the drama I've witnessed in organizing a wedding and reception. I don't even want a traditional one!

*Edit: If it was one of my best friends wedding who I was invited to and they didn't invite me, yes I would be upset if it were a huge wedding, but if it were something more samll and family focused, I'd still go to the ceremony if they were ok with that and be happy to see them marry
    Last edited by Pusheen The Cat; 10-01-2014 at 12:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    What is hurtful though is when you don't get invited to family weddings. And you're not even told you're not invited. You just find out when everyone else in the family is talking about getting their invite (and no, neither was a postal issue, I asked) That was pretty rough.
    I have to agree with this. I invited all my family to our wedding (and DHs family, though at the time only his immediate family lived in Australia). One of my cousins (technically step cousin, but we've always treated each other as blood relatives) got married in November, and only my uncle (her adoptive dad) and her sister (full blood cousin) were invited from our side of the family. My other cousin (the one mentioned above) is getting married November this year and only my uncle (her dad), my other uncle and my grandfather are invited.
    It really hurt that I wasn't/am not invited to either of these weddings (and I know that it wasn't a guest number issue with either wedding, because my sister, who has more balls than I asked), not just because they came to my wedding, but because it makes me feel like my own flesh and blood don't give two craps about me.

Sent from my U8860 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I am a little peeved that our best man (and neighbour) hasn't invited us to his wedding but I think there was a boo-boo with the invites.
    Just found out what the boo-boo was. Apparently no invites got sent because the wedding is off. Feel a little bad for complaining now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it strange that with one particular couple - we invited them to our wedding but then later only invite me to their wedding saying numbers were limited - but I mean he was my husband by that stage, their wedding had 250 people and a couple at the same table as me had only been together 3 months WTF??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat13 View Post
    I found it strange that with one particular couple - we invited them to our wedding but then later only invite me to their wedding saying numbers were limited - but I mean he was my husband by that stage, their wedding had 250 people and a couple at the same table as me had only been together 3 months WTF??
    Maybe they don't like your husband? Still odd to only invite one half of a couple.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've known the bride since we were 4 and she knew was friends with my husband before I met him (she wasn't the one that introduced us) - very possible but strange none the less

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think this has happened to us yet. We got married over 5 years ago.

Any weddings since ours that have been our wedding guests we have been invited to.

I probably wouldn't be too phased if any of the remaining unmarried people didn't invite us to their weddings. Maybe a little disappointed if they invited most of our other friends but not us. I'd probably wonder why. But it's their wedding at the end of the day, they can do what they want.

I'd never say anything.