+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I think it the height of rudeness to be expected to be invited or complain that you weren't invited.
    You have no idea of what their budget was or what pressures they had from family etc... Eg my niece is having a wedding with over 100 guests. She got invite 2 friends and their partners and only 15 family members. As her mil is paying she is insisting on inviting all her friends and family.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 09-01-2014 at 21:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I must admit I didn't invite everyone that had invited me to their wedding.

We had "only" 80 guests which means that even my cousins didn't make the cut (and I was invited to all of my cousins' wedding).

I showered them with champagne later though with the pictures from the wedding and delicious sushis. I think they understood... Hopefully!

As for friends, I hadn't talked to them in years so didn't feel right to invite them to our wedding when they wouldn't even know I was in a relationship ;-)

Funnily enough I'd be sad not to be invited to my wedding guests wedding. ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be pretty cut Although I got married here,and my NZ friends came over for it,some couldn't make it which was cool..now years later a lot are getting married,and I get left out purely for that fact we are in different countries. But yeah I would feel pretty sad that people that I was still close to didn't invite me to their wedding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got married 4 years ago and I don't even talk to a third of the people that were at my wedding. It's not that we've fallen out it's just that I've moved workplaces and states since then and we aren't as close. I don't regret inviting them to my wedding - at the time we were good friends. But no way would I expect them to invite me to their wedding.

I am a little peeved that our best man (and neighbour) hasn't invited us to his wedding but I think there was a boo-boo with the invites.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I understand that it hurts not to be invited to the wedding of someone you thought regarded you as a friend, but people have such different approaches to weddings, different budgets, limits on numbers, family makeups, pushy mothers and future mothers in law.....You just have to let it go. I have been to weddings for people and didn't invite them to mine and vice versa.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (09-01-2014),SuperGranny  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Generally, no I don't mind at all if I'm not invited. I don't believe it should be expected.

Maybe if like in your OP it was a big wedding and other friends had been invited, I'd probably be a bit miffed, but more due to feeling excluded rather than missing out on an obligatory invitation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From memory, we had 135 ppl invited to our wedding. Our families are so large and we're very close to them all. Like many couples, we paid for everything ourselves whilst paying our mortgage.

Most of our overseas guests couldn't make it and a some of our local guests were away, which cut it down to 112.
    Of that 112, we had less than 10 friends (including the bridal party) and then their partners.

Most of my first cousins weren't invited and a lot of our close friends weren't either. We would have loved to have them all there but we really couldn't afford to add an extra 50+ people. No one seemed to be offended as they all understood how stressed I was after my MIL handed me her invite list of 40 people! Lol!

Try not to take it personally. Everyone has a different budget, image of the size of their wedding and pressures from family about who to invite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    YES and I find it RUDE!

My sister had a VERY small wedding. Imidate family & 3 Close girl friends (and their partners)

2 of these 3 girls have since gotten married and not only was she not invited neither of them even TOLD her they were getting married.

I found it bizarre and rude

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't expect people at my wedding to invite us to theirs. Like a PP said, I'm not close to some of them anymore. So they shouldn't feel they need to invite me when we haven't spoken for a few years.

What is hurtful though is when you don't get invited to family weddings. And you're not even told you're not invited. You just find out when everyone else in the family is talking about getting their invite (and no, neither was a postal issue, I asked) That was pretty rough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think it's expected but I'd be pretty upset if we were close friends still.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app