+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When your wedding guests dont invite your to their wedding

So random question - did anyone have guests at their wedding wedding and not have these same guests invite you to theirs.

We got married 3 years ago and 4 couples we had at ours have gotten married and not invited us. We had a limit of 80 people so after family not many friends so we didn't invite every man and his dogs. I even admit 2 couples we didn't consider out closest friends but we invited them since they invited us to their wedding.

Now all four if these couples had largish weddings - didn't elope or have just family. And all 4 cases invited other people from our group of friends. One wedding had 200 guests and we were told we weren't invited cause they had to scale their wedding back

In not bitter or anything and it hasnt effected any friendships - I just felt slightly obligated to invite people who invited us so was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way? Maybe I'm just old fashioned lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. An old school friend was married last weekend actually and we werent invited. Felt a little sad but at the end of the day its their choice and im sure they had a reason. Im not a party person anyway and we have twins as well so perhaps they didnt want children attending? Its not exactly nice but oh well. I left a nice message on facebook wishing them a fantastic day anyway

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had plenty of people I invited not invite me. They were all married years later though and we were as close. Theres also heaps I wish I'd invited now that I didn't. (Although I'm single now anyway!! Ha). I'm not phased at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a MASSIVE family - two thirds of the people at our wedding was just my immediate family - so we had to seriously scale back our friends list. In the end, of our 100 guests, only 20 of them were mine or my partners friends, & their partners.

So there were a number of people who we simply couldn't invite to ours, where we'd been to theirs. I felt bad, but we couldn't afford more than 100 guests, & family had to come first......it would have added another 20-30 or so people to the guest list.

My friends understood. Lots of them came to the ceremony, & saw the important bit

So perhaps your friends guest lists are money driven? Weddings are really expensive & it is hard to always include everyone....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    think of the money you saved by not having to buy presents. lol.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-01-2014),SoThisIsLove  (09-01-2014),sweetsugardumplin'  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just find it so rude. And seems to be very common as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think people should feel obliged to invite you to their wedding just because they were invited to yours. I've been to people's weddings that weren't invited to mine. And vice versa.

Weddings are expensive... You gotta cull numbers sometimes.

Just my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on each situation I guess if ur still close friends with them or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was invited to weddings and then didn't invite them to my wedding. Them wanting me at their wedding didn't mean I wanted them at mine. I haven't been invited to many weddings from my guests, but it doesn't worry me, I had the guests I wanted at my wedding and I understand there is a big cost involved in weddings. The worst invite I got was obviously 'second round' as it was so close to the date and past the initial RSVP date - that was worse than no invite at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would always invite people that invited me if they were still in my life (not just FB). If I was part of a group of friends that often hung out together and everyone but me was invited, tbh I would be hurt. I wouldn't mind though if they only invited their "bestie".