+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone

The travel agent is a great idea in theory, but I don't know if we will honeymoon straight away (I want to!!! Haha)

I was thinking of just doing nothing, and if people ask I'll just say travel/flight centre gift vouchers? I just really don't want people to feel pressured into $XX

Arghh it's all too hard and it's a while off yet, but ideas are always welcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate getting invites that don't specify what to do for a gift - I would never turn up to a wedding without a gift.
    I love wishing wells, they are practical and easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

babyla  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will always give a gift/money at a wedding so tell me what you want, how you want it and give me options which are affordable to me. Makes it super easy for me as a guest then.

FWIW I don't think you need to limit to $50 - if there is something there you really need and want then people can pool money together to buy it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We had a wishing well and it worked for us. DH and I had been living together for a number of years and had bought our first place together a year before we got married. People put their money in wedding cards so we knew who gave what. Honestly the amount didn't matter. I was more cheesed off that friends of DHs who came didn't even bother to give us a card. People gave us from $30-200. It meant that on our honeymoon we could splash out a bit on a couple of massages and some extra duty free shopping that we otherwise wouldn't have been able to buy. The rest went towards stuff for the house that we wanted to upgrade (new couch).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a place 2yrs before getting married so we had everything we needed. We politely requested a donation towards our honeymoon to Europe IF the wanted to give something.
    Our guests gave what they could ranging from $50-$500 (most around $300).

A few guests didn't give anything which was completely fine, the thing that bothered me was that (like pp said) they didn't give a card. I'm a big card person and it's not like a birthday that you have every year, it's our one off wedding day.

Anyway we had so many people comment on our invites and they all loved the poem I made up requesting a donation.

I think people are so time poor now that we want to be told what to give someone. A registry is a great idea if you want certain things but don't feel obliged to have one to stop people from feeling uncomfortable about giving cash. I know that sounds heartless but if they think you will judge them based on their gift, they probably don't know you well enough to be at your wedding.

Sorry for the long reply!