+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fiji with young kids (under 3's)

DH and I holidayed at the raddison on denarau a few years ago and thought it was lovely.
    We got transferred in a mini van, and it was just us so I don't know if they normally have no car seats or just not because we didn't need one
    The rooms were lovely, we had a suite and there was a laundry, a pretty good kitchen, big bedroom and a lounge/dining/sitting area.
    We didn't have kids (expecting number one now!) but I remember noticing that there was a kiddy pool area, everything was flat and open and there were lots of kids running around. there were kid friendly activities and restaurants, and they had these wonderful Fijian nannies that would take the kids for either a couple of hours or the day (even little ones) and they were so lovely and gentle with them and were so good entertaining them.

We had a wander around the neighbouring resorts and I THINK it was the Sheraton that the pool areas weren't as child friendly, but they had wonderful restaurants that we took advantage of! Also the Wyndham one had lovely bog open grounds that had lots of kiddies running around.
    Last edited by #Mama; 09-01-2014 at 18:04.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh! I dire,ember thinking that the supermarket on denarau was super expensive, so we ate out pretty much all the time but our package included free buffet breakfasts.
    They do have this super cute little hut right by the beach that does (very strong) cocktails and food like pizzas etc that you can eat there overlooking the water or get takeaway and take back to your room. We did that two nights and it was great!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Radisson is very nice but food horrible I don't think I would take kids to Fiji till teenagers. Rather go to NZ or Hawaii

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Radisson is very nice but food horrible I don't think I would take kids to Fiji till teenagers. Rather go to NZ or Hawaii
    NZ isn't a holiday for us as we are expected to visit all the relatives and don't get a chance to just relax. I would love to go to Hawaii but don't think I could handle the long haul flights with my 2 extremely active little ones...