+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You have to be careful with front loaders, they often advertise them as a higher weight rating (for example mine is a 4 kg for most loads, 7.5 for 90 degree cotton wash, it was advertised as 7.5 kgs). Because of this mine won't easily fit my king sized comforter in it, despite my being assured it would fit before I bought the thing I can fit it in if I wet the comforter first and really shove it in there (not really recommended but it works in a pinch).
    One day I'll replace it with a larger machine, I'd probably go front loader again, it does wash well (I'll just be very careful to make sure I get one that's big enough ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My front loader simpson has to be hsnfs down the best washer ive ever had. Only ever had top loaders before and I wouldn't go back to one. I fit our king doona in ours also not a problem. Mines a 9kg though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a top loader its an LG and I think 7.5 liters? We are in need of buying a new washing machine. We will be buying a top loader this time round.
    I grew up with top loaders, then bought a front loader when I moved out of home in 2008. It's on it's last legs. It's pretty much always leaked out the front with dirty water, the "time saver" cycle takes 1.5 hours and the normal cotton cycle takes 2 hours. The front loader on it's spin cycle is sooooo noisy as well.
    If you want a quick 30 min one, it doesn't spin or rinse, so the clothes are heavy and end up with a wet dog smell when you dry them (out on the line or in the dryer). My washing machine's wire ring that hold's the rubber ring around the opening has rusted and keeps falling out, if you over load the machine, the rubber ring pops out and if you dont put it in back correctly 100% the washing machine leaks everywhere...well thats all the issues I have with mine after having it for 5 years lol. Oh and finally to answer your question, we can't fit out queen size doona in otherwise it over loads and wont start, it'll just beep at you because it's overloaded. We go to my mum's who have a 10 liter top loader. We will be getting a 10 liter top loader hopefully some time this year. and NOT LG!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine will open on some cycles to add clothes mid cycle. We have a Miele.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusheen The Cat View Post
    I have a top loader its an LG and I think 7.5 liters? We are in need of buying a new washing machine. We will be buying a top loader this time round.
    I grew up with top loaders, then bought a front loader when I moved out of home in 2008. It's on it's last legs. It's pretty much always leaked out the front with dirty water, the "time saver" cycle takes 1.5 hours and the normal cotton cycle takes 2 hours. The front loader on it's spin cycle is sooooo noisy as well.
    If you want a quick 30 min one, it doesn't spin or rinse, so the clothes are heavy and end up with a wet dog smell when you dry them (out on the line or in the dryer). My washing machine's wire ring that hold's the rubber ring around the opening has rusted and keeps falling out, if you over load the machine, the rubber ring pops out and if you dont put it in back correctly 100% the washing machine leaks everywhere...well thats all the issues I have with mine after having it for 5 years lol. Oh and finally to answer your question, we can't fit out queen size doona in otherwise it over loads and wont start, it'll just beep at you because it's overloaded. We go to my mum's who have a 10 liter top loader. We will be getting a 10 liter top loader hopefully some time this year. and NOT LG!

Wow, sounds like a dud machine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^ was going to say the same thing! Sounds like something was wrong with it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's a real pain. It's just been the last 12 months that its kinda fallen apart.