+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We bought a double pram that converts to a single, plus has a toddler sit or stand seat (it's a bench like seat that's great for if an older child gets a bit tired of walking). We ordered a greaco ready to grow (eBay) because it does have so many seating options.
    It's a pain trying to manage two kids with a single pram (even with two adults), so we can't wait till the double is delivered

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is 2 years 3 days between my 2.

I got given a tandem pram... I hated it, but pretty much only used it for walks - to the park / shops etc. Used it for about 4-5 months.

If I went to the shopping centre on my own I put them in a trolley. Either capsule in the trolley ds in the seat, or dd in baby seat and ds in the trolley.

We had 2 single prams so if we did a day trip we would each have a pram.

I also had afew carriers so dd sometimes went in there and ds in the pram.

Even now, 9 months on, if ds needs the pram then dd goes in the ergo.

If we had the money at the time I would have bought a BJCS ... but we managed perfectly fine without.

*Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 22 month old and am due with #2 in September...

I plan on getting a skateboard attachment for DS, then if he gets tired and wants the pram I'll put bubs in a carrier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My boy is just over 2 and I am expecting my second at the end of feb. Hubby and I bought a double pram as there is no way my toddler is ready to walk all over the mall when I go shopping. Also my toddler isn't trustworthy yet. He would try and run off if he wasn't strapped in a pram. If I didn't have a double pram I bet I would be stuck in the house all day when bub came..

I got a pram where the second seat can be taken off and sold if my toddler does outgrow it. Baby jogger city select. Great pram but pricey. If you shop around you can get it cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my eldest was 30mths(2.5y) when his brother was born. i used a pram that could be used by itself or with a joey seat. in theory it was a good idea but as ds1 is fairly big i found him heavy to get in and out of the joey seat.
    if/when we have number 3(currently in discussions with dh) i might do same again but i have sold that pram and still have the joey seat. ds2 is on the other end of the scale weight wise(just skinny child) so dont think it will be as difficult to get him in and out of the joey seat.
    i would also consider a side by side double pram but they put me off a bit cos of the wideness and not being able to fit through doorways, checkouts etc.

at the moment my boys are 4 and 21mths and if we go out we normally get a trolley for them to sit in and if we are getting a lot of things then we get a seperate trolley.

your older child will get tired and whinge their legs are sore etc, i personally would have a seat available for that child when out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I think you have convinced me to get a new pram!

We will probably look at a tandem like a Phil & teds or bjc select where the seat can be removed and it can be made a single or double. Any recommendations?

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Baby Jogger City Select and am due with my second in June. The storage basket is HUGE!
    I love my pram. We purchased it as a single so now just need to get the second seat. Will probably use bub in my Boba Carrier or Boba Wrap for the first few months anyway and see how I go and then see if I need to get the second seat and then if not there is no money wasted.
    I would highly recommend the BJCS.
    I personally am not a fan of the Phil and Teds or Striders because of the second seat sitting down below with no view, but that is just my personal opinion.