+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do I need a double pram??

I'm in a pickle!
    I am due to have another baby in a couple of months and my DS will be 2 when baby is born.

I absolutely love the pram I have - but it is a single only. DH seems to think that I won't go out much and won't need a double pram,

I do have a glider board for the back of my single pram but don't know if DS will be ready for it at 2 years old.

Any feedback or personal experiences would be appreciated
    Last edited by caribbean; 29-01-2014 at 19:58.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to caribbean For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would get one if he will only be 2. I would get one that can have the toddler seat taken off tho, so it can be used as a single.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

JAG242  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I,didn't think I would need a double pram as ds was almost three when I had dd, but everything dd did ds would want to do. I ended up buying a valco evo2 when she was a few weeks old then went on to get a strider compact a few month later as I didn't like the side by side. Wish I got the compact from the start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would, I made the mistake of not getting a triple pram when my twins were 21 months and we had a newborn. It was a pain in the ****, toddlers get tired lots still etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I did with that age gap but we also kept our single pram aswell. I bought a side by side which has been great so far. I'm now pregnant with our third so by the time this baby is born Ds1 would have outgrown the pram and then I will have the two babies together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    I would get one if he will only be 2. I would get one that can have the toddler seat taken off tho, so it can be used as a single.
    Agree!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are 20 months apart and I have used the double pram heaps especially when going out with kids on my own without dh.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find double prams make a huge difference to our sanity! I've had 17 months age gap, two year and gap and will have a 2.5 and I have used a double pram everytime. Even if you don't get out much, it's amazing how much more sane a walk around the block can make you feel (and the kids too!). You could always sell your single? I'd be totally lost without a double pram! Even considering some attachment for ds2 who is 4 and still needs the pram if we're out for a long time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends how much you get out and about? If you walk often and go shopping for hours at a time then yes but if not a sling for baby and DS in the pram would be fine.
    I used my double heaps when I had a 2 year old and newborn but I was out walking, parks and shopping constantly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted a very similar thread a few months back. DD is 21 months old and DS is now 10 weeks, I am a sahm and own a bugaboo bee which I loooove and bought an ABC Zoom as a double.
    My opinion is yes you need a double BUT don't ditch the single. I find I use the single pram a lot more than I thought and I am in the process of buying a toddler skate board for it.
    You might not need it straightaway when bub is little but yes you'll need a way to restrain two mobile kids