Closed Thread
Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my update...I just completed a stim cycle and had my blood test today and found out that it was a BFN. To be honest, I was not expecting a BFP. When I was told on the day of transfer that the blood test would be today, I realised then that it would be too good to be true to get any good news today. You see, our first baby was stillborn on this day (14th of May) 4 years ago. Then, I miscarried the second baby at 11 weeks on the exact same day a year later...started bleeding just before heading out to the cemetery to commemorate our first baby's birthday/anniversary. It was just rotten luck. So, I was not surprised when I got the call from the nurse today after returning from the cemetery.

After a further 2 miscarriages I decided to begin the IVF journey as I was running out of time. However, after 2 failed stim cycles (4 transfers) at MIVF, I decided to move on to Lynn because of all the hopeful stories I read on this forum and was also referred to her when I asked to have a second opinion. I also started seeing Richard for TCM/acupuncture in the hope that I could be one of the lucky ones. However, those hopes have not yet been fulfilled. My first cycle with Lynn on produced 2 mature eggs and both fertilised but only 1 blastocyst made it to transfer. Unfortunately, it was a BFN. We were supposed to do PGD but we did not get to that stage. I was surprised with the low egg numbers given our last cycle at MIVF was much better...I suppose that was the result of changing protocol...I was on Gonal F and Menopur.

In the 2nd cycle, Lynn used Synarel and Gonal F and the cycle was cancelled. This cycle we used Puregon and Chlomid (which I was happy with because Puregon worked for me at MIVF). We got 7 mature eggs, all fertilised, 3 made it to blastocyst stage. We had 1 fresh transfer which was the BFN but we still have 2 frozen embryos remaining, one of which is supposed to be grade A. So, I am still going to stay hopeful and pray that my turn will come around too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Broken heart in so sorry. It's so cruel. My BT was on my sons 3rd birthday. Ivf doesn't care about superstition and I wish it did.

Flemo I hope the syneral does the trick, I know it's a delay you don't want but you need to give it your all and sniff away hun xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

brokenheart  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Frog possum I think Lynn is on board with dhea and I have read of great success so get in there and get on it ASAP. I needs about 6 months worth before stimming. Have you considered egg donation? If I didn't have max from donor sister I would be going overseas for egg donation. My overies were diagnosed tired at the age of 34. Was very hard to hear that. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly good luck with you next blood test and hrt cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lilypily sorry your having such a tough time. I've been reading your ttc diary and am blown away by your strength, yours and dh wonderful relationship and your amazing family. I have everything crossed you get a sibling for your miracle max.
    In regards to donor eggs, if I hadn't been successful getting dd it would be the next path for us. But I think we are just at the point enough is enough and she will be an only child. I will talk to lynn about dhea and keep taking aspirin if this cycle is bfn and hope for the miraculous natural BFP for a while!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frogpossum View Post
    @lilypily sorry your having such a tough time. I've been reading your ttc diary and am blown away by your strength, yours and dh wonderful relationship and your amazing family. I have everything crossed you get a sibling for your miracle max.
    In regards to donor eggs, if I hadn't been successful getting dd it would be the next path for us. But I think we are just at the point enough is enough and she will be an only child. I will talk to lynn about dhea and keep taking aspirin if this cycle is bfn and hope for the miraculous natural BFP for a while!!
    Sorry frog I didn't realise you had a Dd, so we are kinda in the exact same position. I have been really REALLY, thinking a lot about it being the 3 of us. I think we need a three if us thread to talk about finishing with 1 miracle.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just chiming in on the dhea question - lyn put me on that for my bfp as well as melatonin for 3 months. I also had a lining scratch at 21 days prior to my successful cycle, which I believe was a key difference. Hth.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Missy76 For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, after 3 long agonising waiting weeks , we. got the pgd results today. So we have 2 chromosomally normal blastocysts out of the four blasts tested... The other 2 came out as inconclusive results, so no info about their genetics , but they are still like normal untested hatching blasts.... Slightly a bit of relief after 6 long months and 2 aggressive cycles... But Lynn is doing the endometrial scratch to maximise the chances, so about another 2 months for the transfer.. But thankfully we got to the transfer stage atleAst.... I know there are still lots of variables for a take home home baby, but I think we need to be positive..... This doctor really knows what she is doing... Mivf mucked us up so much and told us to look out for other options.

Thanks to all of you who asked about my result. I really appreciate the concern...
    Last edited by Sue77; 15-05-2014 at 14:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue high five that's great news!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Sue!!!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (15-05-2014)