Closed Thread
Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilypily,

Is your post in response to prednisilone and clexane?

If so I am a little concerned :-(

I am 8+2 and conceived naturally before embarking on ivf with Lynn this month.

I saw my obstetrician yesterday and he advised that I contact Lynn and find out when to stop the meds. I got a call today to say to start weening myself off the prednisilone over the next 10 days and that I could stop clexane immediately!

I am panicking, I fear that if I do this that I will end up MC again. The office ladies told me it was standard protocol to stop now

Please help I'm freaking out

Really don't know what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For the first preg with Lynn I took clexane till 10 weeks and pred at 12.
    This time around she was very conservative with it and told me to stop clexane immediately at 7 weeks as there is a fine line for it causing a miscarriage as it can cause bleeding. I had three bleeds in the first pregnancy until I stopped it. I started weaning off prednisolone from 7 weeks also. Unless you have a clotting disorder it's not worth taking clexane longer than the implantation period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My update.. I had my epu yest. .. Had 25 eggs collected and got a call today that 17 have fertilized... Just praying that we make2,3 blasts out of these , club these with the 2 made in February this year n send it off for testing. Feeling very sore ..... Just getting tired of this whole ivf game.. This was my 5th stim cycle( second with Lynn as we are doing embryo banking for pgd). Hopefully this is my last....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes thanks Lizzy! It's good to be reminded of the positives in all this.. Sue 17 is awesome!!! I am so happy for you no wonder you are feeling sore... Fingers crossed for some great blasts and good biopsy results..
    Bao it's just a little poodle cross as we are in an apartment, we have one other dog and they can both come to work with me...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babee For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catt sorry I can't help I have only ever had 2 other transfers with 2 BFNs so didn't proceed with Clexane and was weened off pred straight away..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was with qfg then and it was all meds till 12 weeks. It sounds like the weaning clexaine is a new control for mc with new info. Have you rang Lynn's rooms to ask?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    For the first preg with Lynn I took clexane till 10 weeks and pred at 12.
    This time around she was very conservative with it and told me to stop clexane immediately at 7 weeks as there is a fine line for it causing a miscarriage as it can cause bleeding. I had three bleeds in the first pregnancy until I stopped it. I started weaning off prednisolone from 7 weeks also. Unless you have a clotting disorder it's not worth taking clexane longer than the implantation period.
    Just on this as I am currently 5+2 and am on pred. and clexane Lynn advised to wean off pred. After the 7 week scan, but with clexane, I have Factor V Lieden so have to drop it to 20mgs until I deliver. If you don't have a clotting issue as Riss said finishing clexane would be around the 7 week mark also.

Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by emski72; 15-04-2014 at 22:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats sue on a great number! Praying you get lots to blast! Sending lots of positive vibes to your embies to keep dividing and growing.

Yeah lily it must be some new research re clexane. A year ago it was keep going with it. This time it was stop now!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sue that's a great start to get to 2-3 blasts. They do drop off around day 4 but you will give it a great go with that number.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u so much everybody.. I wish all ur positive vibes plus prayers get us across the line