Closed Thread
Page 31 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We went to see Lynn this Friday as we are in between 2 cycles as we are doing embryo banking for pgd.. She said that I have performed much better than mivf and got to 2 blastocysts. She will make a few amendments in the new protocol to have more mature eggs as we had 9 mature out of 20. So we have eggs but she wants more mature ones so that hopefully one or two more blastocyst cysts can me made for testing. Let's see how we go

i has one more question which is bothering me. She had the sample of DH hand said its all normal. Sperm count and all were normal on the report but the morphology said that 95percent abnormal and 97 percent was the maximum.. And when we got the treatment summary from monash it said severe teratozospermia... Which is treated by ha icsi..and mivf never said anything about it and our first cycle of ivf which led to 2 abnormal pregnancies by transferring day 2 embryos was not even icsi . It was normal ivf. Should this male issue have been addressed to earlier ? Did this contribute in random chromosomal abnormalities as so many of his sperms have a abnormal shape and no icsi was performed? So confused thinking about everything...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sue are you doing ha icsi now? My husband has issues with a few of the categories and we were adviced to do icsi with city fertility (we weren't offered ha with the isci).

Good luck to all those cycling at the moment!!

Afm I had my fet this morning at hawthorn. It was very cool watching the embryo go in (well on the ultrasound it was an air bubble you can see but the embryo is with it. Not getting my hopes too high though.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sue, we originally did IVF due to morphology issues. We were told that ICSI circumvents any morphology issues as the best sperm is picked for direct fertilisation so I don't think abnormally shaped sperm can lead to issues with the embryo when ICSI is used but it definitely makes you think if this is not the case when ICSI is not used. The way I understood it was that the higher the propportion of normal sperm would just mean a greater probability of fertilization naturally because sperm swim in packs so the abnormal sperm can lead the normal ones astray (but I am no dr!!) this is obviously more of an issue when trying to conceive naturally. From memory (i could be way off) you only need about 3% of normally shaped sperm so that would give you 97% of abnormally shaped sperm. Anyway my partner was put on an extensive array of vitamins from our naturopath and told to reduce stress. I can't say for sure if it worked because his morphology was not re-tested but I can say that by our third stim cycle a higher proportion of our embryos fertilized naturally (without ICSI). And I always felt good knowing we were doing everything we could and the vitamins were not controversial and included things like zinc so my partner at the very least generally felt better. I think naturopaths believe that sperm accounts for 30% of fertility so getting them in great shape can't hurt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being PUPO Bao
    AFM I have been told that I need to have a BT tomorrow as I still haven't ovulated this month and I'm on CD18. They want to know what is going on and so do I... It would be nice if my body could at least ovulate as planned

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babee For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck for Friday seahorse. Babee hope you ovulate soon let us know how the blood result goes. How long is your cycle normally?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flemo For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for the bt babee. I hope you get an answer soon.

Seahorse1 keep remembering it only takes one good egg. Wishing you all the best

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

babee  (12-03-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Seahorse1 thanks for your message.
    So the blood test has shown that I have already ovulated this month and unfortunately the clear blue test did not pick it up ( this is quite rare according to the nurses) so it looks like I have to do blood tests every 2 days from day 10 next month it also means we probably have to cancel a holiday we had planned unless we take another month off which is not ideal. So not the best day today but I guess it could always b worse..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babee For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seahorse I had a cycle one where I did injections for 14 days. Your in the best hands at monash they will do what's best to get as many good size follicles. Babee that sucks about missing ovulation. The nurse was asking me if I had used them before because they don't always work for some. She said if I thought I was ovulating and it still come back negative to go in for a blood test anyway. Now that I know your experience I will be over cautious next mnth. Where was your holiday meant to be for? A holiday right now would definitely help take the stress of it all away.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flemo For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been stressed out to the eyeballs with this pregnancy but had my 12 week scan and DNA nips test result today.. All clear for fetal abnormality and expecting another DS. So despite being 'infertile' and 38 all is well! Can't believe it. Watching this thread sending you all positive vibes for your BFPs. Just thought I'd post for readers who wonder what happens to the BFPs. I'm guessing the weekly acupuncture and Lynn's protocol of clexane, aspirin and progesterone pessaries have done the trick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic news beta! Must be a huge relief :-)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

Beta  (13-03-2014)