Closed Thread
Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Flemo how are you feeling. Sounds horrible I hope you are doing better.
    Guys thanks for your well wishes. We are ok. I had a few wines last night (maybe 3) and feel hung over this morning!! It's been so long since I have had alcohol! It's interesting how some of our protocols are different. For example Lynn wanted me to stop taking Chinese herbs when I started with her as she wanted to be "in control" of all the hormones in my body. Also at MIVF we had been doing PGD for age related issues and she said not to do it with her as if embryos made it from day 3-5 it was like a natural form of PGD anyway.. @sue are you doing PGD for genetic issues?? It sounds like she is more than happy for you to do PGD but advised us against it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @seahorse ah on that makes sense. All the best with your cycle, exciting times! Maybe we will have a transfer at similar times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey guys, I think Lynn is conservative with the herbs which is fair enough, for example my sister ruined a cycle with a Chinese dr who got the herbs wrong, on the day of transfer after my sister drank the herbs she felt extremely hot all over. When Lynn hears stories like that it's no wonder she advises against them. I continued them through my cycle and first trimester (I kept the info to my self) but it's definitely a personal decision and requires trust in TCM and the practitioner.
    Sorry babee yours hasn't worked this time I hope that golden egg is around the corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue I'm quite amazed at your result given you never had blasts before! Yours sounds like a tough road with baby steps and a pretty unusual protocol, maybe not but it sounds like Lynn really has a plan she believes in for you. Fx for the next cycle. My DS was a hatching blast, I'd never heard of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flemo, I hope feeling this terrible has a positive outcome for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi babee hope u are feeling better..
    thanks beta.. Yes hopefully one day we will have a tak home baby

Babee we are having pgd as unfortunately mivf has mucked us big time our history ( sorry it's a bit long )

we had Ist if in 2010 when I was just 33 due to unexplained fertility

5 embryos on day 2 ( which now I know are considered nothing on day 2)

out of which first transferred took and we got BFP .. But miscarriage due to trisomy 21( was tested after the d and c)
    Out of the four frozen on day 2 , 3 bfn and I again took but again took as a fet but again miscarriage ( again checked after d and c and it had triploidy which is an extra copy of all) then my FS checked us for any genetic prob but it was all ok and we were told that they r all random and it's bad luck twice and to go for pgd

we agreed obviously and did that last year
    1st pgd only 2 day 3 embryos
    2nd pgd only 1 day 3 embryo as the medication was very less ( as compared to lynn )
    did a day 3 biopsy on all 3 embies and unfortunately they all tested abnormal.. With diff random ablnormalities and we changed clinics as no answers were given and were told to just keep trying again and again with the same approach. if now I see after one cycle with lynn it's so different.. At monash they don't even give any weightage to how many day 3 embryos ( for eg this cycle I had 6 on day 3 and ended up with 2 hatching blasts , so technically 4 were abnormal ... )
    As there had been so much in the past , Lynn agreed for the pgd but was against day 3 biopsy ( thankfully we got 2 this cycle and get some more next cycle). But sometimes I think that if I had come to lynn at the first place my story wouldn't have got so complicated as so many of us has so many embies shunt down from day .2 to day 5 about mivf made such a big issue , so many miscarriages and pgds... I agree that obviously there is an egg quality issue , that is why we make abnormal embryos on even day 2 but a doctor like Lynn could find a solution to it either by making more embryos or something else.... I am just too tired of all this it's been four years...want it to be over with a happy ending

anyways thats about me... I hope u don't mind telling me did u also do pgd with mivf and what was the conclusions? I wish u all the best for your next frozen transfer with Lynn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sue that is one tough journey you have been on and my heart goes out to you. Thank you for explaining.
    We opted to do PGD at MIVF as I have unexplained infertility assumed age related. I am 39. Of course when we first started we hoped we would get pregnant first go. I can't remember if it's only over 3 they test? Anyway first cycle we didn't have enough so we froze 2 and did another stim cycle where we ended up with another 4. All 6 were submitted for PGD testing so we were feeling pretty positive. An hour before we were due to go in for transfer we were called and told all embryos were unviable and had either missing or additional chromosomes. I was devastated. We did another round didn't have enough to biopsy and our FS recommended we transfer our only normal looking embie (not tested) which we did resulting in a BFN.. 4th cycle we have just completed with Lynn who did not recommend PGD for us...which seems strange given our history but I have to have faith in her opinion.. So here we are. AF arrived yesterday and we are seeing Lynn Thursday with 2 day 5 blasts on ice. It will be interesting if she recommends a FET or another stim cycle. When we started this we had hoped to be able to have 2 children now we think we will be lucky with one... I just wish I had met DH earlier x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sue I think you are so close to getting your baby you have 2 hatching blasts already and you seem to be able to get pregnant fairly readily when you have a transfer.. All you need is that one normal embryo and you are so close to that! Wishing you all the best xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Babee omg mivf has screwed upso many people..... Even we got a call on the way to embryo transfer in our car that all the three embryos from both cycles had different abnormalities... That's it and obviously anyone would be devasted... It's just too much of a news to take over the phone and on top of that my FS was even telling while giving this news over the phone that it looks like it's an egg quality issue and may be go the donor way.... Seriously they r too much.. 3 day 3 embryos from 2 cycles she could make and lynn has made 6 day 3 in her first go and even if we see in your case 3 blasts is a very good result.. I think lynn would do the fet first and not go for another stimulation cycle ( hopefully u will not need to go through it anyways as u have a BFP from the frozen ones) ..............
    but yes mivf suggests pgd to everybody where they can't find any definite prob and then ruin the medical history of a patient by putting n number of attempts and n number of abnormal embies or multiple miscarriages by blindly transferring day 2 embies again and again...hopefully all goes well for all of us here with Lynn in monash.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mivf are all about money. Isn't pgd hugely expensive? How unfortunate any of us had anything to do with them. I'll always thing back to IVF being a horrendous experience because of them and it didn't need to be.