Closed Thread
Page 18 of 95 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Riss... Just received a call today. Out of 20 9 were mature and 7 have fertilized.. We will get a call on day 3 and again on day 5 . They will tell us how many have reached the blastocyst tage and are able to get biopsied and then freeze them. My nurse was pretty happy with 7 out of 9 getting fertilized. Rest we need to wait till day 5 . We have never reached the blast stage with mivf. Just hoping to even get one blast with this cycle as we have quality issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 congrats!! That's sounding very positive x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Babee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello fellow Lyn ladies, I haven't been on this group before, hanging out with the over 40s but I have been keeping an eye on the thread and thought to share my story.

I first saw Lyn in November 2012, I tried a couple of rounds of Clomid with no success so in April 2013 we did our first IVF cycle - I responded very well with 6, 5day blastocysts and transferring a fresh one. We got to 6 weeks and miscarried. We then did two FET, one was chemical and the other was a BFN.

We then decided to go harder and took on some supplements to promote egg quality - melatonin, Vit E, Royal Jelly, Vit D and CoEnzyem Q10 prior to our next stim cycle in October 2013. We successfully got another 6 5day blastocysts and decided to send them for PGD (due to my age) we also got the 3 frozen blastocysts tested at the same time - so 9 embryos tested genetically.

After what seemed like a wait the geneticist called me and told me there was good news - we had ONE genetically blessed embryo (the Golden egg), 6 embryos had either missing or extra chromosomes and two were inconclusive.

We decided to go with the golden egg and the month before transfer I saw Lynn for an endometrial biopsy 'scratch' which is thought to aid implantation. When my period started I commenced prednisilone and on the day of transfer I started with clexane injections.

Today 6 weeks later I can confirm that we were successful my ultrasound showed the golden egg has been transformed into one little baby with heart beat sitting right where it needs to be. So many hurdles completed but still a day by day process and the worry and stress continues.

All the best to others on this journey, I hope all our dreams are realised, baby dust to all

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liveandlearn For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (15-02-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Live and learn what a great story definitely put a smile on my face. Sounds like you have been through a hard slug. Bet you can't wipe the smile from your face. Would live to hear updates from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue great result with the 7 hope your feeling positive. I spoke to my nurse tdy there was no issues with doing the pregnyl a day earlier. Babee these drugs do make you go stir crazy. I was feeling average tdy so bloated. I'm dreading these clexane shots. Are you still taking prendisilone? Do they normally give you the results of how the embryos are on day 3 or do you have to call and ask? When I spoke to my nurse this morning I was too scared to ask incase the news wasn't so great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brilliant news loveandlearn, you picked the right FS I'd say! We are due about two weeks apart hope you have a great pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following you guys who are currently cycling, all is going well so far I'm crossing everything for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg liveandlearn what an inspiring story! Congrats for ur pregnancy and yes you have been through a lot and stayed strong.. Even we are doing pgd with lynn as we have quality issues as well and have had previous miscarriages from my past ivf with confirmed chromosomal abnormalities . So we are very scared to put an untested embryo back. We have got 7 fertilized .. See if we get to blast and that too a normL blast...just very nervous ... Our quality issues are not due to age . We are both 36 . Even at 33 the quality wasn't very good and lynn put me also on everything that what u had. Hope it helps find our golden embryo...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Flemo good that one day ahead of taking pregnyl didn't matter, u must be relieved ! And yes I am trying to stay positive and not think too much.. Good luck for everything