Closed Thread
Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF - feedback wanted please #2

Hey sue77, I sent you a PM but not sure it worked?!? If not let me know and I'll try again :-)
    thx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thanks for the warm welcome and happy new year!
    Kellyk77 I'm so sorry about your horrendous AF experience. I really hope that your b/t went well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gabriel79, unfortunately the blood test did not come back with good results. My FSH has gone up instead of down which sucks I got a call from Lynn's receptionist saying Lynn wants to see me and they managed to squeeze me in on the 14th. I'm terrified of what she's going to say but trying to stay positive (although it's really hard!). At least I don't gave to wait long. I've made an appointment to see the Chinese dr a lot of the girls on here have used too so hopefully he can get this nasty FSH down! Will def ask Lynn about DHEA too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kelly i did get ur pm and have replied to it as well. Can u also tell me if u got it. Its actually a bit confusing and don't worry... Soon all will be good. We r all in it together and r there for each other. Just have faith in Lynn and god. Hopefully this is the year for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I have been lurking on your thread for a few months now and as I am due to see Lynn in the next couple of weeks I thought it was time to post.

I have been through one stim cycle in Perth with one transfer on day 3 bfn and then 2 embies making it to blasties. Had the best one returned in a FET and again Bfn it was graded as a 5ba which is near perfect even had the medical director (who performed the transfer) almost guarantee that I would have a BFP but no not to be not even evidence of attempted implantation.

I recently moved to Melbourne due to my dad being ill. My husband is still back and forth from Perth and whilst he was in Melbourne visiting in Oct I conceived naturally (well was I shocked) but unfortunately miscarried at almost 7 weeks (this is the second time in 18 mths).

I have an appt booked with Lynn and have a few questions which I hope you can answer for me. I live approx 40 mins from Richmond where I have my appt with Lynn and from what I have read I will see Lynn and then be handed over to one of her nurses.

1) Could you tell me are her nurses only at Richmond or does she have others around?

2) How do the scans and BTs work is it first thing in the mornings at the clinic on a first come first serve basis or is it by appt?

I am sure I will have a few more questions and look forward to getting back on the IVF wagon again and sharing with all you lovely ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Catttc View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I have been lurking on your thread for a few months now and as I am due to see Lynn in the next couple of weeks I thought it was time to post.

I have been through one stim cycle in Perth with one transfer on day 3 bfn and then 2 embies making it to blasties. Had the best one returned in a FET and again Bfn it was graded as a 5ba which is near perfect even had the medical director (who performed the transfer) almost guarantee that I would have a BFP but no not to be not even evidence of attempted implantation.

I recently moved to Melbourne due to my dad being ill. My husband is still back and forth from Perth and whilst he was in Melbourne visiting in Oct I conceived naturally (well was I shocked) but unfortunately miscarried at almost 7 weeks (this is the second time in 18 mths).

I have an appt booked with Lynn and have a few questions which I hope you can answer for me. I live approx 40 mins from Richmond where I have my appt with Lynn and from what I have read I will see Lynn and then be handed over to one of her nurses.

1) Could you tell me are her nurses only at Richmond or does she have others around?

2) How do the scans and BTs work is it first thing in the mornings at the clinic on a first come first serve basis or is it by appt?

I am sure I will have a few more questions and look forward to getting back on the IVF wagon again and sharing with all you lovely ladies!
    Happy New Years ladies!

Welcome Gabriel and cattcc!

Cattcc sorry to hear you have been through a lot especially with two losses. I hope you are able to get some answers from Lynn. I suspect she will want you to do a hysteroscopy and biopsy your uterus for nk cells. For me that seemed to be the cause for implantation failure.

I can help answer your questions as best I can.

I live in the west and it would take an hour in traffic some mornings to get into Richmond but Lynn's nurses work from there. I know ppl go to Clayton but not sure if her nurses work there. I'd just ask when you see Lynn pop down to the monash ivf reception and ask there.
    Your scans will be made by appointment and they are done early in the morning so ppl can get to work. They are done downstairs then you go up to monash ivf for a bloodtest and chat to a nurse. I've never had to wait more than 10 mins.
    Hope that helps out and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I haven't posted in this thread before but I've been a long time reader, as I've been seeing Lynn since early 2013. After several unsuccessful clomid cycles and one gonal F cycle we stepped it up to IVF a couple months ago and I'm pleased to say it worked first try!

I just wanted to tell all you newbies that I was so happy with the staff I encountered at Monash and through Lynn. Her receptionists are the friendliest, most patient and knowledgeable I've ever come across (they got to know me after a year of me ringing them often!), and my IVF nurse Sheila was fantastic. She was always quick to return my calls, and so positive and thorough.

The nurses and doctors who did my egg retrieval and transfer were also fantastic and I never had to wait around, it was an efficient process.

I wish I hadn't waited so long to start IVF - it was a really smooth process. Stressful at times (the injections annoyed me!) but overall, very positive.

I'm 8 weeks pregnant now and I wish you all luck on your journeys this year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Riss,

Thanks so much for replying.

I will have to chat to Lynn and see what she says about the BTs and Scans.

Another question for you all regarding Lynn:

Is she the type that advises what she believes would be best for you or does she want your input. The reason I ask is that I have only had the one full stim
    Cycle and the FS seemed to be looking for direction from me and obviously with it being such a new thing for me I would prefer that, for now, they advise me what they believe I should be doing?

Also could you tell me, for those who are on it, a bit more about DHEA and Melatonin and anything else that I should try and familiarise myself with before seeing Lynn (I am a little apprehensive ATM and want to make the most of my time with Lynn)

Me 31 PCOS
    DH 36 no issues

Unexplained infertility at the moment

Natural conception 10 yrs ago and have a beautiful DD.

Natural BFP February 2012 miscarried at 7 weeks

One Stim cycle Perth 2 transfers both BFN

Natural conception October 2013 another miscarriage at 7 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi cat

That's ok. Thats strange your old fs would ask you what direction you wanted to go in? They are the ones who know more.. Weird! No Lynn will move through the appointment like a hurricane. She will be fast but efficient and make suggestions. I would go in and ask her about how to improve egg quality and she probably will put you on melatonin. I would also ask about nk cells as you have had two early mc and failed cycle with good embryo.
    I did ask about dhea and she said no to me because I had normal egg reserve. I see that you have pcos. I do too and the first thing she put me on was metformin as it helps keep your body stable and help your eggs mature as pcos ladies produce eggs that are immature. Metformin will also help improve the quality. I found I lost weight and didn't crave the sweet food.
    I suggest having some questions written down with you and telling her your concerns about past cycles. Write what she says down and don't be afraid to ask for clarification. She talks quickly.
    Her receptionists are very helpful if you have any questions afterward and Lynn would always call me if I had concerns.
    You will most likely walk out with your head spinning with lots of info but trust her she is the best going around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started following Lynn on Twitter yesterday, some helpful tips

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

Gabriel79  (10-01-2014)