+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 yr old eating dinner

I'm sure this question has been asked and I have certainly asked similar ones..... DD has not had dinner tonight. All she was asked to eat after her initial refusal was 2 (bite size) pieces of chicken and then she could have cheese/yoghurt/whatever she wanted. She has flat out refused. Is 2 yrs old too young for me to hold my ground and not give in and send her to bed without dinner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. Not too young. It my 18mth and 3yo don't eat dinner they go straight to bed.

Its ok.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do they learn from it? DD is not a good eater at the best of times and I am trying to improve things a little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ds refuses dinner quite often. I make him have one bite. That's all. He sleeps fine and is a healthy weight so I'm not fussed. Some days he hardly eats a thing but I'm not bothered. The last thing I'm going to do is turn meal times into a power struggle.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

DailyDiversion  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will bump a similar thread I saw today for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    The night ended with no dinner and an hour to get her to sleep. Not a good night tonight any tips on eating solid whole foods?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Do you eat dinner together ? Does she eat the same dinner as you? Dinner needs to be a fun, stress free time if you try and make her eat she won't and if she knows yogurt and fruit are always there she definitely won't, give it a few nights, if she eats that's great, it not put her dinner away and if she says she's hungry bring it out again , hopefully after a few days she will be better !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just want to empathize. 2.5yo ds was very fussy as well and lots of meal times ended up with screaming. I didn't really do anything different but can actually see some improvement now with his eating. I do notice that he eats better when I don't give him snacks . Also praising and giving him high fives helps. Recently I have been more firm with him finishing his meal (within reason) otherwise he doesn't get fruit after dinner. We still have our bad days but overall improving so hopefully with time your situation will improve too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Do you eat dinner together ? Does she eat the same dinner as you? !
    MOstly we try and eat dinner together, some days it just isnt possible. I have tried many many times to give her a version of what we have and less than a quarter of the time she even tries it. The biggest problem is she wont touch fruit unless its pureed, vegies unless its mashed and meat unless its sausages (note the common theme.... soft foods!!!) the only hard foods she really eats are rice crackers or similar. I have tried to make foods fun, but I'm not very imaginative!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is she teething? Maybe she likes soft food because they don't hurt her teeth? Not sure how you work around that problem but it might be a starting point.