+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not a mother of two yet but I can imagine that there would be times when this could be a great option, like when you have a screaming toddler and a hungry baby. I can't imagine the parent of a healthy baby using this bottle all of the time. It's normal to want to enjoy those feeding cuddles.

I'm sure they'd be designed in a manner that prevents choking Atropos, especially if they're already being used with babies with feeding issues.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Albert01; 08-01-2014 at 19:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think they're awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hate it as well if it's being used for "hands free" purposes. I also never bottle fed but I'm sure the experience I had cuddling and nourishing my baby during his breast feeds would be the same as a mother bottle feeding. Why give that up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like it one bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen things like this before, often used for babies with disabilities etc.

I don't know that I'd use one, but think there are situations where it'd be fantastic. Up to about 4 months old, the majority of my daughter's feeds involved her screaming and fighting, carrying her around bouncing her and trying to get her to feed... often for up to an hour. This happened whether breast feeding or using a bottle, even if it had been 6 hours since the last feed. In those situations, this would have been fantastic. I'm pretty sure my daughter would have happily used it - her issue was usually with having to stay still to feed.

It may not be ideal compared to sitting and cuddling a happily feeding baby... but sure as hell seems better for mum & bub compared to an hour of frustration and tears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    I'm not a mother of two yet but I can imagine that there would be times when this could be a great option, like when you have a screaming toddler and a hungry baby. I can't imagine the parent of a healthy baby using this bottle all of the time. It's normal to want to enjoy those feeding cuddles.

I'm sure they'd be designed in a manner that prevents choking Atropos, especially if they're already being used with babies with feeding issues.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You'd think so but there is no mention of it on their website. Even in the FAQs. I found this safety warning for them on Amazon:

" Infants must not be bottle-fed without adult supervision. Do not use this system as a pacifier. Prolonged sucking may cause tooth problems. Take this system away from the baby when feeding is done. Do not use while infant is lying down."

Yet their website contains videos of babies laying in cots with them. Here's a screen grab: ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389175752.314623.jpg

And their testimonials mention feeding babies when driving. More than once. So that's not really supervised IMO.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *side note. It would be great if they would invent one that attached to your boob so the baby could suck on the end of it while you were driving along..sort of this combo'ed with a breastpump

Anyhoo

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

JR03  (08-01-2014),Renn  (08-01-2014),RobinSparkles  (08-01-2014),SpecialK  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to work in a baby store about 5 years ago and we had them there. I never sold one but maybe if you had twins it could be handy? Or a child with a disability as pp's have said. I don't think anyone would use them as an every day thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't use it. Like others I love the cuddles and looking into my baby's eyes. Not for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to say that lying in my bed listening to DS wake for the 4th time in a night I wished I had some contraption that attached to my front with a long hose and teat like this just so I didn't need to get up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abibelsmum For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (08-01-2014)