+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Invisalign Braces Journey

I finally took the plunge and decided to do what I've always wanted to do for myself and straighten my teeth! I thought I would start a little thread about it so anyone else contemplating the idea can follow my progress and results.

Pre-treatment
    ------------------
    Prior to today I had a consult with the orthodontist who examined my teeth before I had X-rays done. After that I got my options and quotes. I chose the Invisalign option and then after getting a filling at the dentist I had my 3D scan done of my teeth. That's what the Invisalign moulds are based off and work out how to correct your teeth. Then my next appointment I got to watch the 3D representation of how my teeth would change and calculate how many aligners I would need (40). Then they ordered my trays!

Day 1
    --------------
    Got my first trays today. I had a demonstration of how to put them in and out which wasn't as hard as I was expecting it to be. It definitely feels weird as your teeth feel smooth and plasticy. I had a chat about how to care for them and the do's&dont's (all very straight forward). I've been wearing them now for about 4 hours and they definitely hurt. Not heaps but they are tight and sort of like an annoying tooth pressure, it's totally manageable though.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389165122.108022.jpg

The top is my teeth prior to the trays, he bottom is with the trays in. You can't even see them really! I will have to get attachments on my teeth in a fortnight a time, they are tooth coloured little dots to pull your teeth into the right position so it will probably be a little more noticeable then but not everyone needs those either.

If anyone has questions please ask away! I found it really hard to find good reviews on the net so hopefully I can help someone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How much do they cost?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All up $7000. I'm paying mine off in fortnightly instalments of $150. If you pay upfront you do get a discount though.