+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Electricity companies NQ

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any other electricity companies on North Queensland (townsville) it if we are solely limited to ergon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know in Cairns we only have Ergon. We hate the fact they have us over a barrel - charge phenomenal amounts & no competition!! But we found that just seems to be the accepted norm 'up here'.

DH mentioned 'Arrow' (must have been a company that popped up on his 'radar' when we've tried to escape the monopoly of Ergon). I'm unsure if they do supply or not but you may have an option in Townsville.

Can you gather that we're over the single supply issue for Cairns? I seriously can't wait to be able to afford solar so we can stop giving Ergon a huge chunk of month each quarter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Tropical.

Yep totally get what you are saying!

I looked into origin energy as they do our gas and from what I can see they supply electricity here too. They are probably still as bad as ergon proce wise but their customer service seems to be a lot better!! They seem a lot more flexible (at least with the gas they are anyway).

Similar Threads

1. What companies do you boycott and why??
    By chicken and eggs mum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 398
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 08:36
  2. Any private health companies with no waiting period?
    By CleverClogs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 20:58
  3. How much is your electricity bill?
    By MrsTugs in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 23-08-2013, 22:57