+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Strange periods after cutting down to 2 breastfeeds a day

Hi ladies... My baby girl is breastfed. She is now 14 months. I got my period back on a regular cycle at around 6 months post-birth. She started solids then, but I was still bf very frequently. I currently have my period, but it is a strange one .... I am a bit concerned. It started normally, tapering off to brown blood around day 5 as normal. But then the brown blood continued and even increased for days. It is now day 13 and am still bleeding... It's now both red and brown blood. Not heavy at all though.
    Now- this last month I have weaned her to 2 feeds a day with no night feeds at all. This is the first period since that change.
    What are your thoughts or experiences?? Could this simply be a weird period because of the weaning? I've had blood tests (concerned about ectopic pregnancy due to my history) but not pregnant and no infections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure, sounds annoying though. I had weird periods after weaning but not as you described. I hope someone can help, or perhaps a trip to the gyno is in order?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm no expert but id say it's probably about the weaning. The brown blood is old blood. If it's not heavy I wouldn't worry to much but maybe worth a chat with your GP. Are you on the pill?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, definitely not on the pill! No need for that with me (at least not for contraception purposes! Had to go through IVF for my baby, and I had a miscarriage and ectopic before that). Have a gynae checkup in a few weeks. Hopefully this will go away!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Probably just everything settling down. My cycles were askew for awhile after ds and after my ectopics they settled properly with acupuncture and tcm.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app