+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    I've also found that when he helps me cook dinner he is more inclined to eat it because he had helped make it. He does things like dipping chicken breast into the flour when in crumbing it, or putting things into the bowl/thermomix/saucepan etc

Or I'll give him a taste of what I'm making whilst I'm cooking. Don't know why that works but he just seems happy to have a taste (I think because it's not sitting there in front of him and he HAS to eat it) and then he will usually say "yum can I have some more" to which I'll reply "it's for dinner and it will be ready soon so you can have some more at the table"
    I don't even have a toddler yet let alone a fussy one but I love these ideas, thanks!
    (ha I need an "Advice to remember in 2-3 years" book to write this sort of thing in)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Oh and sorry for hijacking your thread OP!
    No need to apologise! I hope some of the tips in this thread help you too

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    I don't even have a toddler yet let alone a fussy one but I love these ideas, thanks!
    (ha I need an "Advice to remember in 2-3 years" book to write this sort of thing in)
    Copy and paste into a word document and save on your computer

DH, Me and our two boys.
    Lost our little squirt 20/11/13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    There's usually not much time between her dinner and her bath before bed, so she would only have about 10 minutes to grab something else to eat. Maybe I should just try it one night and see what happens!

Oh and sorry for hijacking your thread OP!
    She will learn to eat when it's dinner tin then I guess

Earlier dinner?
    We eat at 5pm
    Ds2 in bed at 6-630 after bath and bottle.
    Ds1 in bed at 7-730

We eat really early but usually after dinner we all might go outside whilst it's cooler and then all go in for a bath/shower at 6pm

Don't know? All I know is ds1 is a good eater I think because of the above points.
    He has no issues eating broccoli, pumpkin, beans, asparagus, cauliflower, capsicum, spinach etc
    Eats all meats chicken, lamb, beef, prawns, even eats his dad's lambs fry (heart and liver yuck!!!!)
    Eggs, rice, pasta, casseroles, stews, lasagna, quinoa etc

Only thing he flat out refuses is mushrooms.

DH, Me and our two boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And don't think we don't have our problem days
    For the most part he's good but we've had many a bad dinner nights. But Eve Been pretty consistent and it's honestly made dinner time an enjoyable family time.

Here's hoping it works the same with DS2 who ATM is a guzzle guts like most 6-18month olds. Lol

DH, Me and our two boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 19 month boy and he is very fussy. He eats at 5pm and we eat after he goes to bed as 5pm is to early for us. He only wants finger foods and used to love broccoli but now won't eat that too. It's very frustrating as I would like him to eat veggies but as much as I try to put new things in front of him he just won't touch them and then rejects the other food too even if he likes it! I'll just keep trying to introduce new things in hope that one day he'll eat them. Fingers crossed

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi degrassi, I would allow a certain amount of fussiness. not everyone likes everything. but if you feel it is getting out of hand, then you need to make some rules. I never made two meals, only the family meal at night. I would introduce new things one at a time. Not a whole meal of strange vegs and expect it to be eaten. always eating at the table, not in front of tv or in the lounge. I never insisted on a clean plate, we hardly ever had dessert, so there was nothing much after dinner. It was not eat up everything and you get dessert. it was eat what you feel like and then leave the table. or a piece of fruit if you are still hungry after your bath. I never made dinner time a battle ground. Under two my children ate everything, after two they started to make choices, and after about five they had decided what they liked and didn't like. fortunatly they still ate most things. Marie.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for ellies mum (not sure how to tag?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tonight was the first night of DS being served the same meal as us at the table (last night he ate at the table but had one of his normal meals just to get him in the swing of sitting at the table).

He only ate the cucumber & tomato from his salad. We had sweet chicken fingers and home made fries with the salad - he only gave them a tiny taste and that was all Is it good that he at least tried them?

It annoys me that I have replicated things like chicken nuggets so many times but he somehow knows they aren't store bought and won't touch them (and mine are more tasty by the way!).

Baby steps, but I'm going to stick with this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's great he tried them! For the first night that's great! He will soon get the idea you all eat the same thing and will hopefully start loving dinner time! Well done !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (09-01-2014)