+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry op but I agree that you should have consulted your nan and your family about what to do with the stuff. I would be really upset if I was your family.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey4 View Post
    Yes, but it's also her grandma and she told her she donated the furniture, but it was sold.
    Yeah don't agree with that part but only because it's her Nan, had she bought the house at arms length from a stranger and it had furniture then do what you like with it, from family double check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think they got off lightly. It would cost a lot more than $200 to clear a house of furniture and rubbish.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

babyla  (09-01-2014),beancounter  (12-01-2014),BettyW  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Yeah don't agree with that part but only because it's her Nan, had she bought the house at arms length from a stranger and it had furniture then do what you like with it, from family double check.
    I guess I just think that when its an elderly grandparent, especially when they have to go to a home, you have to be a little more sensitive when it comes to their belongings and they aren't able to live at home, especially as usually they've had the furniture for many years and you just don't know what is of sentimental value to someone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey4 View Post
    I guess I just think that when its an elderly grandparent, especially when they have to go to a home, you have to be a little more sensitive when it comes to their belongings and they aren't able to live at home, especially as usually they've had the furniture for many years and you just don't know what is of sentimental value to someone.
    I agree with you and personally I would have checked as well. But, on the other side of the coin, if I was the person responsible for putting her into care I also would have made sure her belongings and house were packed up appropriately before selling her house and not waiting until 6 months later to organise this. That's why I think there is fault on both sides.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I haven't had time to update.

My aunt said at time of sale 'contents and house is yours'. She wanted no responsibility. We visit 5 days a week, still do groceries even though in a home. And ive been her 'provider' of things she needs even though heavily preg last two years. This preg I told dad no I cant do it im too exhausted stressed. I mean she had cleaners cooks etc and I hsd to redo it all so that's why she went into a home after a fall she thought I could travel hour plus by bus to vare for her.

My dad didn't want anything but doesnt want step on anyone's toes. I thought it was sorted then found out along with this email she was under impression I was "storing" the furniture due to my aunt. So this is why we said we donated it.

As I said prev ive kept all great stuff clothes jewels photos paintings books just not furniture shes on hosp bed elec chair. And no we didn't give her money but shes not realizing her super isnt big anymore so we spent it on new clothes canvasas and paints. Sorry for ling reply. I feel bad but I wish someone emptied house I mentioned it nobody wanted too. I dont even know kt

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After reading your latest update OP i think they are being really unfair on you. Tell them to bugger off. They should have spoken up back when the house was first sold, not months later expecting it all to be left as it was! Unbelievable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like aunty couldn't wait to say house contents etc are all yours because its easier to close that chapter at the time as its time consuming. But nana in the home would have been complaining about her things every time aunty sees her so I bet to soothe the waters aunty says yes yes its all in storage and nana would be satisfied with the response until next visit. Then aunty has to produce the furniture after a while and no can do.