+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do they choose?

Hi all

We applied for a rental yesterday but I'm not holding my breath as there was a multitude of people looking through. I was just wondering if anyone knew how they pick the tenants if they're all pretty equal with income and references etc. what does it come down to?

Just curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Comes down to the owners preference. We didnt get a property and though we have agreat rental history etc they chose somone else

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm curious too

We just got the first one we applied for the other day and we are a large family with a low income and there was at least 40+ people applying we do have very good rental history though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    I'm curious too

We just got the first one we applied for the other day and we are a large family with a low income and there was at least 40+ people applying we do have very good rental history though
    Wow that is awesome! We should find out tomorrow. I hope we're as lucky as you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

bunkx  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really comes down to owners preference. They are given a summary and recommendations by the real estate. In my sisters case when she was choosing for her rental. She looked at pets,kids etc but ultimately she picked Dinks everytime if she could.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    it can be just up to the landlords preference. Pets, number of children, secure income, rental history, any number of things can be important to one landlord and not matter to the next landlord. Marie

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

FUSSY  (08-01-2014),HugsBunny  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just applied for a house yesterday.

There were 25+ groups at the inspection and most seemed quite interested.

I'm a single mum with two toddlers who doesn't qualify for social services like SPP, NRAS etc... so I'm already at a huge disadvantage.

So I offered $25 over their weekly asking price, included pay slips, a rental ledger showing I've been paying more than I've offered with no issues at all.

Fingers crossed. I have 9 days to get out of the house I'm in and there's nothing on the market.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

I'm a single mum with two toddlers who doesn't qualify for social services like SPP, NRAS etc... so I'm already at a huge disadvantage.

So I offered $25 over their weekly asking price, included pay slips, a rental ledger showing I've been paying more than I've offered with no issues at all.

Fingers crossed. I have 9 days to get out of the house I'm in and there's nothing on the market.
    Fingers crossed for you! I have heard of people offering more and considered it. I probably should have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

I'd think not qualifying for SPP or NRAS would be more of an advantage in that you'd have a higher income?? Or is that not the case?? Perhaps if you relocated from another country - excuse me ignorance Regardless good luck with your application!!! I hated the knock backs involved in trying to rent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I'd think not qualifying for SPP or NRAS would be more of an advantage in that you'd have a higher income?? Or is that not the case?? Perhaps if you relocated from another country - excuse me ignorance Regardless good luck with your application!!! I hated the knock backs involved in trying to rent
    Yeah, I would qualify if I were a permanent resident. My income's low enough to get SPP and NRAS.

They also can't count my Child Support as he pays over double the assessment, but it can't be proven (pays for things, rather than pays it to me).

Not ignorant at all.