+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS & DD have been sharing a room for around 7 months, they are 6 & 9 and have decided to share by choice as they both have their own bedrooms. You know the most positive thing is that they have become super close to one another and we have just invested in a low height bunk bed, it's beautiful listening to them chat away at night and oh even better are our weekend sleep ins as they simply get up and play together and leave us sound asleep!! It's been a lovely journey and as we speak they are having a friend sleep over and the 3 kids are all in the one room and have just nodded off after a few hours of chatting, giggling and reading books to each other

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovelymum For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (08-01-2014),mrswhitehouse  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing.

Does anyone have girl / boy sharing? I mentioned to some friends that we may put ds & dd in together at some point (dd is only 9 months) and got told that they arent ALLOWED to share.. as in docs could be notified.... that's not true right? Its a bit ridiculous that a brother and sister cant share a room??

*Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blissfulfairy View Post
    Subbing.

Does anyone have girl / boy sharing? I mentioned to some friends that we may put ds & dd in together at some point (dd is only 9 months) and got told that they arent ALLOWED to share.. as in docs could be notified.... that's not true right? Its a bit ridiculous that a brother and sister cant share a room??

My brother and sister shared a room until I went to uni (at that point she was 10 and he was 6)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing.

NOT true even remotely.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (08-01-2014),LoveLivesHere  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing.

Sure she wasn't pulling your leg?

My DD1 and DS share. They are 9 and 6yrs. They've been sharing for about 2 years by choice. They occasionally fight, but they'd still fight if they slept in their own room.

We haven't had to lay any big rules down. Sometimes they chat at night and if it goes too long I just go in and tell them no more! Or they'll argue if one is reading and wants the light on a little longer. It's all about learning to compromise and respect each other.

My DD has just started asking for a later bedtime than her brother as she is older so that's going to be a bit of a juggle as DS just wants to be near and do everything his big sis does.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenko For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have our three in one room. DS1 and DS2 are in bunk beds, DS3 is still in a cot. We put DS3 to bed first, he is 1yo and tends to take a bit to settle, so its easier to do that first so the big boys (3 and 5) aren't disturbed. We've got a spare bed in another room, so if either of the older boys want a bit of time out from the other, they go sleep there. This works so well for us, our kids love sleeping in the same room and having their brothers nearby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, another thing we did was to get them each their own reading light so there's no arguments about the light. I got our clip on bed ones at kmart for less than $15 each.