+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm thinking your DD is just not ready to give it up, it's a comfort and she needs that.
    My DD is 20 months and also wakes most nights for a bottle, she takes 10 mins and is back to sleep. I would like for her to sleep through and sometimes she does but I'm not willing to upset her to achieve it.
    Don't feel pressured to do something that is not right for your family .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (07-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-01-2014)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the replies

i too had high hopes that i would not let DD be fed to sleep like DS was but alas i went back to work and yes it was just easiest when we were all tired to cave in like pp said! her screaming wakes up DS so i feel bad if i let her go on for too long...

i have started talking to her more about going to sleep at night without a bottle etc, her language and comprehension skills are quite good so i think she can understand it. so i will keep up the talk....ive also just started reducing the amount and plus the strength she gets and will keep going with this...i think after reducing it over the next two weeks i will just give water one night and say thats all she is getting....i have a window of 4 nights at home on the Aust Day weekend so the timing will be right...

thanks all..it was very helpful info.