+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    I'm not concerned about the mess.... Just the intake. She has maybe half slice toast breakfast, cruskit for lunch and yogurt and maybe a bickie or rice cracker at dinner. I cut and steam fruit and veg but she doesn't eat it, same with eggs or cheese or meat or pasta or rice. Just plays with it and then throws it on the floor. But I guess that is normal.... Just she's very very small and MIL keeps telling me my DH and his sister used to eat sooo much more than she does and she's not ready to be feeding herself etc etc so doubting myself about letting her do her own thing.
    While they still have get most nutrients from milk try not to worry too much. Just make sure you are offering a variety of foods through out the day and eventually more will end up in the mouth.
    We do brekky, morning tea, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. Sometimes she has 1 bite and the rest goes on the floor, sometimes she can't get enough.

Try to ignore what MIL says. Every baby is different.

*Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DueInAugust View Post
    I do this to op.
    Ds2 is under 8kg and just about to turn 1.
    If I don't give him pouches he doesn't get enough and is on the Boob all night making up for the lack of food all day.
    He was eating heaps of finger food before I found pouches on holiday now I can't get him back into it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yes she's under 8 kg and I don't want her begging for boob at night cos she's not eating enough. I started another thread yesterday as she hasn't gained any weight in 2 months - basically since she's stopped letting me feed her. She is very happy and thriving in other aspects though.

She can chew and swallow things great, so it's not a texture thing. She eats a little but just doesn't seem interested and is fussy as. I feel I spend all day preparing her 10 course meals to play with, pretty sure she'd smash a pouch.

If it wasn't for the lack of weight gain I wouldn't be so stressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    Yes she's under 8 kg and I don't want her begging for boob at night cos she's not eating enough. I started another thread yesterday as she hasn't gained any weight in 2 months - basically since she's stopped letting me feed her. She is very happy and thriving in other aspects though.

She can chew and swallow things great, so it's not a texture thing. She eats a little but just doesn't seem interested and is fussy as. I feel I spend all day preparing her 10 course meals to play with, pretty sure she'd smash a pouch.

If it wasn't for the lack of weight gain I wouldn't be so stressed.
    I remember your thread. I think giving foods to play with as I said and then offering some puree is fine. I wouldn't do the pouch thing every meal. You may find she gets sick of doing that and won't do it anymore anyway... but if she likes it once in a while I don't see the big deal. You could even try fruit smoothies or similar in a sippy cup/straw cup if she is really efficient at sucking!
    I know you are going to the gp soon, and getting the 12 month check up, definitely discuss the eating and how much they are getting. They will let you know how its going hopefully. My paed always told me that as long as my DD was eating something by the time she was 1 then dont worry. I constantly struggle to get her to eat. Finger foods are hit and miss with us too. Not everh child follows the 'normal'. Keep offering amd let bub play with foods. You can also try things like dipping crackers into purees or similar (cruskits broken into sticks, potato stix...) and the puree can be sucked off the food.

Sent from my GT-P5220 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you seen the pouches you can reuse? I use "My Lil Pouch" for DD3's yoghurt in her lunch box. Wish I had known about them when my kids were babies, they work well for yoghurt and I think they would have been great for purees etc.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpottySocks For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpottySocks View Post
    Have you seen the pouches you can reuse? I use "My Lil Pouch" for DD3's yoghurt in her lunch box. Wish I had known about them when my kids were babies, they work well for yoghurt and I think they would have been great for purees etc.
    You can get ones on ebay very cheap too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    You can also try things like dipping crackers into purees or similar (cruskits broken into sticks, potato stix...) and the puree can be sucked off the food.

This is great advice - DS2 was prem and remains small - at 2 years he was just under 10 kg and solids were hard work! Dips were a big hit - mashed avocado, yoghurt, hommus, tzatziki etc...with thick cut cucumber sticks, fingers of sweet potato, brocollini, asparagus as the dippers. Sometimes he'd eat the dipper but often just suck off the dip but it all helps!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use these ones too - love that they are reusable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use these ones too - love that they are reusable!