+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovary pain after IVF

I'm not sure if any one else has experienced this, but I'm starting to worry and if the pain I'm having doesn't subside, I will go to the OB to be checked out. I just don't want to be one of those over reacting panicky first time mums to be!!

I had my first IVF fresh transfer in October and miraculously was lucky to get a BFP. However, on two occasions I have had severe pain in my right ovary. I've done the calculations of dates, and have worked out it is around the time that if I wasn't pregnant, I would be having my period. Has any one else had this or know if its normal??

Last time the pain was so severe, it had been mildly uncomfortable for a couple of days, but became so intense I couldn't sleep, i just laid there crying and wondering which hospital i should go to. I ended up taking a half a Valium and panadol to get through the night. Now this time, I've had discomfort for two days and today it's worse again, making it painful to stand up or walk.....

Is it common to experience this type of discomfort? Or do I have a reason to be worried? I'm 13 weeks today, and have my 12week scan this Thursday(couldnt get in before now with the christmas / new year break) At past scans I have been told my right ovary is 'quite large' and clearly still swollen.

If anyone else has had this or knows about it, I'd really appreciate some advice

xxx thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ovaries were quite large, but this was at an 8 week scan and are now back to normal (I am 21 weeks). I would be getting it checked out, only painful for a few weeks after the 8 week scan.

They should check this out when you have your 12 week scan anyway. Are you with Queensland Ultrasound for Women? If you are tech does the scan and then you see their OB to discuss results.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ABH. Yes the qld ultrasound will be doing my scan. Last time I went there for a second opinion st 6 weeks they were great, so I hope I get the same person.

Hopefully it will settle down. I already have an appointment booked for my results next week, so will ask then as well.

There is enough to worry about without additional pains!