+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 3wk old threw up blood.

Dd is very unsettled tonight. I gave her infacol, fed her then gave her nilstat (we have thrush). I was burping her and she threw up a small amount of milk and a blob of coagulated red blood. She is very unhappy and im sure she has wind wdyt?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you're in qld call 13health. I'm not sure about the other states. But that doesn't sound good at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd threw up blood at 3 days old. It was blood from my cracked nipples, could that be the origin of it?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HippyGirl85 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I checked and my nipple is fine apart from thrush. It was more of a blob of blood that wasnt mixed with the milk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shes happy at the moment. Weird child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She just threw up again. No blood. Ill book into the Dr anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much is she throwing up? Glad you're getting it checked - good to rule out milk allergy or reflux.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is she now OP? Hopefully the doctors are able to give you some answers.

My niece threw up blood (just once) when she was a newborn. Once in hospital they ran a whole lot of tests and found no cause. It never happened again and she is now a thriving 10mth old. I hope your DD is okay now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my ds did this all the time due to his reflux. if its a one off I wouldn't worry to much esp if she is happy and drinking, id say she just irritated her throat or even stomach as she was drinking and then the blood came out. I hope she is better today and it was a one off as I know how frightening it can be to see blood come from your baby... I was a mess the first time it happened when he was 3 days old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Certainly worth checking, but if it's bright red then that's less of a worry than dark - means it's fresh and likely to be from something more on the surface rather than internal.

My daughter had some blood in her vomit when she was a few weeks old, scared the hell out of me. I was sure it couldn't have been from my nipples, until I was expressing the next day and watching really closely. I was getting a bit of blood with the milk, which I think was coming from further back in the breast rather than the nipples. Would never have picked it if I hadn't been watching the milk closely.

Hope all's well.