Closed Thread
Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Cinder, I hope you're feeling better.

Shrillian, I'm trying to remember dates etc but I think it was Dec I saw the doctor in, got a referral to the ivf clinic, had an appt with the nurses & at this stage was told they only had a March cycle left. DH & I were going overseas in March so we were advised May was the next for us. And I was put on the pill since late Feb/March to get ready for the May ivf cycle. We also had to redo DH's SA test along with all mine (yet another internal scan plus all bloods) which was annoying because it's all $$$...and results were the same as they were last time!

I'm still in a bit of limbo. Still on the pill & waiting for my appt late April so I can have my ivf appt, get the meds & learn how to jab
    Ah. I was thinking they may make me redo stuff. Good to know it's dependant on their schedules as well, though. Hopefully, if this is the path he wants me to take, I won't have to wait too long.

Good luck with your cycle!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    Ah. I was thinking they may make me redo stuff. Good to know it's dependant on their schedules as well, though. Hopefully, if this is the path he wants me to take, I won't have to wait too long.

Good luck with your cycle!!
    I hope they don't make you, it would be nice not to have to pay all over again

I hope you won't have to wait too long either. When's your next appt?

Aww, thank-you, I hope it goes ok. I'm scared for the unknown but excited & just want to get started....that prob doesn't make any sense, lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Rocky, I'm kinda in limbo land too. I've changed fs and feeling really good about it - I feel like our new guy is not content with our current unexplained diagnosis and is running a million more tests and will be doing much closer monitoring during my next ivf cycle to try and pin point the problem. I'm technically CD13 but we're taking this month off, starting synarel on day 20 of next cycle, then our next ivf cycle the month after.

Now I feel a little bad about being happy about this but the new fs is even making dh take a range of supplements (some of which are not pleasant!) And he has to ice his nuts every night! Haha! After all of the crap I've had to take over the last 2.5 years (from disgusting Chinese herbs to insanely restrictive diets, to ivf injections) it's kinda nice that he has to do something!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    Hi Rocky, I'm kinda in limbo land too. I've changed fs and feeling really good about it - I feel like our new guy is not content with our current unexplained diagnosis and is running a million more tests and will be doing much closer monitoring during my next ivf cycle to try and pin point the problem. I'm technically CD13 but we're taking this month off, starting synarel on day 20 of next cycle, then our next ivf cycle the month after.

Now I feel a little bad about being happy about this but the new fs is even making dh take a range of supplements (some of which are not pleasant!) And he has to ice his nuts every night! Haha! After all of the crap I've had to take over the last 2.5 years (from disgusting Chinese herbs to insanely restrictive diets, to ivf injections) it's kinda nice that he has to do something!

I'm glad your appt went well !!! I'm so glad he's running more tests too. I think a lot of FS become complacent about things instead of looking into things further. I bet if it were them going through this they would have a thousand tests run...

Bahaha, the ice made me laugh poor guy but you're exactly right. We take so many supplements, are poked & prodded for procedure after procedure so it would be nice for him to have to do something. How is he going with it? That would've been priceless to see his reaction

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope they don't make you, it would be nice not to have to pay all over again

I hope you won't have to wait too long either. When's your next appt?

Aww, thank-you, I hope it goes ok. I'm scared for the unknown but excited & just want to get started....that prob doesn't make any sense, lol
    My appointment with my new FS is tomorrow. Keen to see how he is and what he has to say. Had some nice reports from people about him, so here's hoping!

I hope I don't have to redo tests either - more just that it would feel like I'm wasting time and going backwards instead of forwards!

I get how you're feeling. I'm a little nervous about going down this path, but that's outweighed by the drive to be on a path of action! I just want it all to start now!! Ha ha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post

Nice that you're getting some more investigations done! I hope that you get some clear answers!

Don't feel guilty about your DH - I get frustrated with mine for the fact that he gets to not have to do anything whilst I go through everything!! Ice, though? Poor guy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @phee83 - love it! finally something the males have to go through Glad you've got a new approach and lots more tests. I feel like so many FS become complacent too, they're happy to do trial and error at our expense rather than doing some proper investigative work and work out what is really going wrong.
    @Shrillian - hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and you get a more positive new approach to your TTC journey.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HeyMissA For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bahaha, the ice made me laugh poor guy but you're exactly right. We take so many supplements, are poked & prodded for procedure after procedure so it would be nice for him to have to do something. How is he going with it? That would've been priceless to see his reaction
    The best reaction was when fs asked dh to come into the examination room because "I need to squeeze your nuts!" Dh just went white!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (13-04-2014),Rocky27  (14-04-2014),Shrillian  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    They are such a bunch of big babies aren't they? I've been through numerous procedures and ops, all of which weren't nice at all.... yet DH was all in a tizz about spunking into a cup. My heart bleeds for you dear

14. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    They are such a bunch of big babies aren't they? I've been through numerous procedures and ops, all of which weren't nice at all.... yet DH was all in a tizz about spunking into a cup. My heart bleeds for you dear
    Haha yep that's exactly it!