Closed Thread
Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MissA how exciting!!!

Everything is pretty much the same over here still have my yeast infection still spotting, my tooth feels heaps better now tho
    being 26 sucks so far

TTC #1 since July 2011

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CinderElla88 For This Useful Post:

HeyMissA  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies,

I'm just wondering how long it took from your first appointment, where it was stated that IVF was the course of action, to start your first cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took us a long time to get to the point of deciding definitely yes to ivf, but then after that was fairly quick, about 2 cycles to get organised.
    Appt with FS to sign consent forms and plan exact protocol. A few weeks for blood tests, SA, ultrasounds etc. Then the nurse interview etc and then we were told to call on the CD1 of the cycle we wish to start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did a lot of these tests before starting OI. Do you think DH will have to do another SA and I have to do the other testing again?

What did the nurse interview entail?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It took us about 5 months to make the decision to do ivf - our fs wasn't convinced clomid would work for us but was happy to give it to us if we wanted. He gave me the script for clomid and then set up an appointment with the ivf nurse to discuss that option. After the nurse appointment I was adamant I did not want to do ivf so we went with clomid and had originally agreed to do 6 cycles before moving on to ivf. In the end we only did 4 cycles of clomid and it was a combination of being on school holidays (so good timing for me to have a few days off work) and a price reduction from the clinic that convinced me to move on sooner. I'm glad I did though, and I'm not really sure why I was so against it to begin with... I guess I so desperately wanted things to happen naturally, but now I figure on my future child's 18th birthday I'm not going to care less if they were conceived naturally or via ivf!

Once we made the decision to go ahead it was very quick. As we had already had the nurse's appointment to discuss everything all I had to do was call the clinic on day 1, pick up the meds and start!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.
    Last edited by phee83; 13-04-2014 at 13:30.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

OIC  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've already done three cycles of induction (with letrozole, though) and my previous FS had said that if the third cycle failed, we'd consider "next steps".

This is where I am at now, with my appointment tomorrow, but with a different FS. Just wondering if he also thinks "next steps" would be the best option, as to when everything would start for me.

Since it's CD1 for all of you, I'm guessing they'd have to prompt a cycle for me first, since I have irregular periods?

I REALLY don't want to be put on the pill since it mucks my body about, so would that mean an induction cycle instead?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMissA View Post
    Nattie - so sorry to hear. hope the time off TTC also helps remove some of the stress of it all.

Cinder - sorry to hear you'll miss O. All that waiting and then the timing is never right. So frustrating.

AFM - I had my 10dpo blood test (yes very early at my center) from my first IVF and .... I HGC of 11 and progesterone of 120! Not officially a BFP but it means that 6 cells they put in, has grown and implanted. Back in 2 days to hopefully see it above 20 and an official BFP. I was so stressed when I phoned for the results, expecting just another "sorry no pregnancy hormone detected at all" discussion but burst into tears when she gave the results, I was a blubbering mess. It's just all so stressful. I'm going to be an even bigger mess waiting for Monday's results.
    HeyMissA, I was just reading through the thread & came across your news!! That's soooo exciting & I have everything crossed for you that Mondays blood test goes well We need some great news in here !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    I've already done three cycles of induction (with letrozole, though) and my previous FS had said that if the third cycle failed, we'd consider "next steps".

This is where I am at now, with my appointment tomorrow, but with a different FS. Just wondering if he also thinks "next steps" would be the best option, as to when everything would start for me.

Since it's CD1 for all of you, I'm guessing they'd have to prompt a cycle for me first, since I have irregular periods?

I REALLY don't want to be put on the pill since it mucks my body about, so would that mean an induction cycle instead?
    How did you find Letrozole? That's what I need to take for my upcoming FET

Perhaps they will get you to take Provera to bring on an AF or either a part cycle on the pill first.

HeyMissA, really hope that Hcg keeps climbing, that would b amazing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cinder, I hope you're feeling better.

Shrillian, I'm trying to remember dates etc but I think it was Dec I saw the doctor in, got a referral to the ivf clinic, had an appt with the nurses & at this stage was told they only had a March cycle left. DH & I were going overseas in March so we were advised May was the next for us. And I was put on the pill since late Feb/March to get ready for the May ivf cycle. We also had to redo DH's SA test along with all mine (yet another internal scan plus all bloods) which was annoying because it's all $$$...and results were the same as they were last time!

Del, I wish I knew my body that well It would be frustrating though especially when it's not giving you the signs youre after.

How are you going Phee?

Nattie, I'm sorry to hear. I have taken many bub hub breaks in the past & have found out they helped. Come back soon though

I'm so sorry if I've missed anyone, am on my phone.

I'm still in a bit of limbo. Still on the pill & waiting for my appt late April so I can have my ivf appt, get the meds & learn how to jab

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    How did you find Letrozole? That's what I need to take for my upcoming FET

Perhaps they will get you to take Provera to bring on an AF or either a part cycle on the pill first.
    I had no problems with it. I would take it before bed, so that any possible side effects would be slept through, so maybe that helped? But really nothing.

What's Provera?