Closed Thread
Page 71 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @phee83 - I know I shouldn't laugh, but you made me snort my beer. *laughs*

I would have felt THE SAME WAY. I know they don't mean it intentionally to spite us, but it does come across that way when they're so heartless to consider who they're saying things to!

I thoroughly "enjoy" my mother telling me what I should and shouldn't do to TTC. Thanks, Mum. And here I've been seeing an FS for almost a year and he nor I didn't think to try what you've been saying! *groan*

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes last time she ttc she complained how hard it was and ended up pregnant, then a few months later told me that ttc was the fun part that pregnancy sucked.

My mother has always said "but what if you can't have babies?" Every time I talked about having kids when I was younger, turns out she was right.

TTC #1 since July 2011
    Last edited by CinderElla88; 25-03-2014 at 20:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    I thoroughly "enjoy" my mother telling me what I should and shouldn't do to TTC. Thanks, Mum. And here I've been seeing an FS for almost a year and he nor I didn't think to try what you've been saying! *groan*
    Yep my mum is exactly the same! She means well but seriously mum the "tips for getting pregnant" article in body and soul isn't going to be the answer. My favourite was "I read in a magazine that sperm is more rested in the morning so maybe you should try having sex in the morning". Thanks mum but after 2.5 years and a perfect semen sample from dh, I don't think morning vs evening is the issue.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 1 unsuccessful ivf.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha!

Mum has always told me that it will happen, but being Indian has never done the best time for sperm thing to me!! (thankfully)

My brother and SIL have knocked down the family home and are rebuilding - my folks stay with them.

Mum's lately taken to saying things like "I'm thinking about changing the future sunroom to be a room with three cots instead. One for your SIL, her brother and you".

Me: "well, don't keep too much hope for us"

She's really nice and trying to be really supportive of me, but it's just really hard to see her being so hopeful. I have to keep reminding her that we've been TTC for two years, as opposed to my SIL with PCOS who fell first month of them trying (ugh).

I can't help but sound a little bitter, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that's being practical about it all.

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep the eternal optimist thing gets me too. During our first ivf cycle I figured I should tell the girl I share an office with so she understood why I was taking so much time off etc. But she was excessively optimistic - "I just know it's going to happen for you this time!" Really? You know? If anyone should know it would be my fs and he gave us a 40% chance... So more likely to be bfn than bfp. Anyway the day af started she asked how ivf was going and I said "I'm pretty sure it's been unsuccessful this time" and she said "oh don't say that! I've got a really good feeling about this and it's going to work!" hmmm sorry mate but I think my af outranks your "feeling". Needless to say I did not tell her about this cycle.

People just don't understand that we need to be realistic. Hyping myself up all month only makes it so much worse when it's bfn.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 1 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    Yep the eternal optimist thing gets me too. During our first ivf cycle I figured I should tell the girl I share an office with so she understood why I was taking so much time off etc. But she was excessively optimistic - "I just know it's going to happen for you this time!" Really? You know? If anyone should know it would be my fs and he gave us a 40% chance... So more likely to be bfn than bfp. Anyway the day af started she asked how ivf was going and I said "I'm pretty sure it's been unsuccessful this time" and she said "oh don't say that! I've got a really good feeling about this and it's going to work!" hmmm sorry mate but I think my af outranks your "feeling". Needless to say I did not tell her about this cycle.
    Just popping in to say 'are you sharing an office with my best friend?'. Oh my gosh that sounds like her! Our IUI round she was completely OTT with enthusiasm. combine that with my newfound optimism as we were trying something new, I felt that BFN the most. I'll never forget that dark rainy morning, sobbing and sobbing and sobbing to myself in the dark. DH was away and I've never felt so alone. It was that morning I knew I needed a break, it was rock bottom.

So to the eternal optimists, I flip you the bird! You do no help!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mums are the worst.. Even when I get my period my mum is like oh is it light? It could be implantation, yeah cause after 4 years TTC it could be hahah its soo frustrating! I know they mean well but it doesn't help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has been banned from talking about ttc.

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum is really good about us ttc. She listens to what I talk about and then offers support and isn't over the top. She does say that she thinks I will have children but I always say to her yea but your my mum and are going to think like that. She understands there is a very real possibility we won't have children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum lives in a dreamworld & won't accept that IVF might be our only option. She's so annoying. I know she means well, but I just want her to leave me alone. I've always been independent. At least she lives interstate so she can't pop around to "cheer me up".

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."