Closed Thread
Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Phee that's great news!! Yay for putting 2 embies back in!! I will have everything crossed for twins for you !! That would be like hitting the fertility jackpot

Yes ladies, I love the show one born every minute. I love watching that special moment of families beginning. It's really lovely & I hope we all get to experience that soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    I know, wouldn't clear skin be nice! At the moment mine looks like it did when I was 13....what the?? When am I ever going to grow up & get nice skin, lol I'm almost 30!! Totally not fair

Bahaha, yes they did harp on about sex leading to pregnancy! I now have a giggle about how careful DH & I used to be when we first got together... I made sure I took the pill at the same time everyday...turns out it wouldn't have mattered anyway
    Ah, yes. Those early days hiding in the uni loos doing HPTs and then taking the morning after pill at DH's behest in the early days to ensure I wasn't UTD (!!). So silly in hindsight!!!

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    Ah, yes. Those early days hiding in the uni loos doing HPTs and then taking the morning after pill at DH's behest in the early days to ensure I wasn't UTD (!!). So silly in hindsight!!!

Me = 34, DH = 34
    Hahaha Shrillian, yep same here for me !!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one. It's so funny looking back now though I often wonder if I have children & if I'm lucky enough to have a daughter, will she have the same issues as me with this ttc? I seem to be the only one in my family with these so called issues...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (14-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Hahaha Shrillian, yep same here for me !!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one. It's so funny looking back now though I often wonder if I have children & if I'm lucky enough to have a daughter, will she have the same issues as me with this ttc? I seem to be the only one in my family with these so called issues...
    I only have one sibling - a brother 5 years older than me. Got married a year after me to a girl 2 years younger than me. She's got PCOS and they managed to conceive first month of their "let's see". They're 12 weeks now. "We didn't expect it to happen so quickly!". Not going to deny I was crying uncontrollably. Though DH was "good" about it - he was at work, so I texted him the "good news". He called me straight away to see how I was and told me not to be silly and depressed and that we were fine. Smacked some sense into me in my emotional state. Good man. (Hindsight is great!)

If I'm lucky enough to produce an offspring for us that's a female, I really hope she gets DH's birth mother's reproductive genes and not mine! (He'a adopted. Birth mother got knocked up at 16)

Me = 34, DH = 34

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    Stupid BH not letting me quote. grrrr!

OIC - ohhhh... I just got your username (duh)!!! I'll be 36 on 31 March. We started actively trying when I was 34 1/2, but off bc when I was 33 1/2. Before all my tests came back "normal" I'd find myself getting angry at DH for not being ready to start trying earlier. I feel bad about it, but you can't help how you feel sometimes right? I've never said anything to him though, because I know it might not have made any difference or it could have been worse - we could have started ttc at 27 (like I wanted) & still be trying 9 years later & not have our house because we spent all of our money on IVF. I try to stay positive & believe that everything happens the way it's supposed to. It's easier at some times than at others, i.e. just after a BFN & AF arriving I'm all bitter & screaming about the injustice of it all. I will definitely need a side of counselling with my IVF!

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."
    Ha ha! I found myself actually saying it the other day... "Oh, I see!" And figured it was a good name for me!

36, still young! And hopefully lots of eggs for IVF! I'm sure it will work for both of us....one way or another!

I want to stay 36 for ever!

Fx for your birthday BFP!
    Mine is 5 days after yours, so I'll probably be Fxing for a birthday O! Or I'll be mid TWW and feeling p$&sed right off! No wine on my birthday! Whaaaaaaat?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    I only have one sibling - a brother 5 years older than me. Got married a year after me to a girl 2 years younger than me. She's got PCOS and they managed to conceive first month of their "let's see". They're 12 weeks now. "We didn't expect it to happen so quickly!". Not going to deny I was crying uncontrollably. Though DH was "good" about it - he was at work, so I texted him the "good news". He called me straight away to see how I was and told me not to be silly and depressed and that we were fine. Smacked some sense into me in my emotional state. Good man. (Hindsight is great!)

If I'm lucky enough to produce an offspring for us that's a female, I really hope she gets DH's birth mother's reproductive genes and not mine! (He'a adopted. Birth mother got knocked up at 16)

Me = 34, DH = 34
    Aww, hugs. But you'll be an Aunty! That's fun too! And I'm sure your BFP is just around the corner! Lucky you've got a great DH to smack sense into you! Lol. I do too, lets me cry and then gently brings me back to semi sanity!

Ha ha, FX for a daughter who could get knocked up at 16........... But doesn't! Kee hee hee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish DH had knocked me up at 18. At the time the thought would have terrified us though.

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's hilarious how careful I was before I was married! I had an alarm set on my phone to make sure I took the pill at exactly the same time! And used condoms as well just in case! Now the alarm is to make sure I take my injections at the same time...

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 4 cycles clomid; 1 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OIC View Post
    Aww, hugs. But you'll be an Aunty! That's fun too! And I'm sure your BFP is just around the corner! Lucky you've got a great DH to smack sense into you! Lol. I do too, lets me cry and then gently brings me back to semi sanity!

Ha ha, FX for a daughter who could get knocked up at 16........... But doesn't! Kee hee hee.
    I'm great at being an aunty! I love buying clothes and stuff for my girlfriends' kids, DH's nieces & nephews and will be worse for my own niece/nephew, I'm sure!

I'm genuinely happy for my brother. DH's sister, however... She's now pregnant with her 5th kid. First when she was around 17. For her I'm cranky about her current pregnancy as she can't even afford the 4 she's got (neither she and her partner have jobs, live in the country near DH's parents), which means that the kids will have even more limited opportunities (ie. quality education, toys, gadgets/devices, holidays, etc). It's really frustrating. She's just sponging off centrelink and DH's parents (thankfully well off, but being bled dry by her).

My DH is definitely good at smacking sense into me! Though sometimes he doesn't get that I just need to be sad. (Always wants me to be happy , which is nice and caring of him, but still... Sometimes you just need a cry).

Yes, would love for my future daughter to be fertile... Buy definitely not reproducing that young!!! *laughs*

Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    It's hilarious how careful I was before I was married! I had an alarm set on my phone to make sure I took the pill at exactly the same time! And used condoms as well just in case! Now the alarm is to make sure I take my injections at the same time...

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 4 cycles clomid; 1 unsuccessful ivf.
    Since I couldn't take the pill, it was always condoms for us. Such a waste of time in hindsight! *laughs*

I get the alarm thing - during OI I had to take my pill each day at the same-ish time. Used to take it before bed so I would sleep away any possible symptoms. Didn't stop the crazy hormonal lady though!! I remember one day thinking the tablets weren't affecting me and then suddenly I had a massive breakdown with DH. Wowser!
    @Funchu - as you said, you have a better life now for future Funchu!

Me = 34, DH = 34

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    playing catch up here - but I have a heap of one born every minute recorded to watch when i'm feeling 'strong'. I love it but just can't watch is most days as it makes me too upset. The recordings are getting somewhat banked up the moment - maybe i'll watch them when/if I get pregnant.