Closed Thread
Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am surprised at the comments here in relation to iui and male issues. I would have thought that iui would be preferential where there are no sperm issues. I believe that we are pushed into Ivf too quick these days and I wish I hadn't rushed in so quick.... We did one iui and two full Ivf isci rounds and after more testing a different doc has allowed us to try with just clomid and some other drugs... Not sure if the cycle is successful yet but if it is it just proves me point. Ivf is a big thing.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I am surprised at the comments here in relation to iui and male issues. I would have thought that iui would be preferential where there are no sperm issues. I
    I read that chances per cycle of a couple with UF conceiving naturally are 1-4%. IUI for these couples is 3.8% with a slight increase using clomid. Gonadotropin injections increase it to around 7%.

I guess if there are no male factor issues than putting the sperm up there manually (that's such a clinical description lol) makes no difference as there is nothing wrong with morphology, count or motility anyway and the sperm don't need a helping hand. At least that's what I'm reading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our fs suggested that the big benefit of iui is that the sperm is "washed" so that all the best sperm are separated out and then the sperm are delivered high into the uterus so that they don't have to battle through cervical mucus and don't have to swim far to reach the egg. It is therefore good for overcoming some sperm issues. If the sperm is high quality and would have no problem reaching the egg then iui is unlikely to be anymore successful than accurately timed intercourse.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 4 cycles clomid; 1 unsuccessful ivf.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

OIC  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our FS said the same thing. No sperm issues here, so no reason the sperm shouldn't reach the egg. Based on this, we'll go straight to IVF if we don't get a BFP this cycle. My AMH is 34, which is great for my age, & the IU/S showed plenty of follies in both ovaries. No hormonal imbalances, thyroid is fine, no PCOS or endo, no sperm antibodies, no sign of ovarian cancer... nothing to explain why we can't fall pregnant. We've timed bd perfectly in all except 1 cycle. It just doesn't make sense.

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    Our FS said the same thing. No sperm issues here, so no reason the sperm shouldn't reach the egg. Based on this, we'll go straight to IVF if we don't get a BFP this cycle. My AMH is 34, which is great for my age, & the IU/S showed plenty of follies in both ovaries. No hormonal imbalances, thyroid is fine, no PCOS or endo, no sperm antibodies, no sign of ovarian cancer... nothing to explain why we can't fall pregnant. We've timed bd perfectly in all except 1 cycle. It just doesn't make sense.

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."
    You must be so frustrated as well Have you had a HSG/dye test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    We live rurally and just don't have the funds. Our nearest charges 10k first cycle including EPU and 8k after that with 4 back I've even looked into the few clinics in Sydney that only charge the gap of 2k, which we could afford. But for us to both fly to Sydney return on regional airline is 1k, yep a thousand freaking dollars. Then accommodation, food, spending. By the time we flew up and back for EPU then all the appointments, monitoring, then putting it back in we would be at around the same amount, maybe a grand cheaper.
    That sucks its so expensive to get to/from where u need too for treatment. You'd think in this day & age there would be more help towards the cost of ivf....no one chooses infertility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CinderElla88 View Post
    Does anyone else notice their cm smells sweet around ovulation?

Del- the prices of Ivf are just stupid crazy, my fs told me to ask our parents for money and that they would help us cause they want grand kids. I'm still not quite at the point of being ok with Ivf.
    We are very fortunate that DH's parents are in the position to help us out & we'll give them the money back from Medicare. We never asked them, when they found out they were wanting to help us. I said to DH I feel bad as it is but worse that they're having to buy their grand child so to speak! We're very grateful they are helping us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    We are very fortunate that DH's parents are in the position to help us out & we'll give them the money back from Medicare. We never asked them, when they found out they were wanting to help us. I said to DH I feel bad as it is but worse that they're having to buy their grand child so to speak! We're very grateful they are helping us.
    What wonderful supportive in laws <3 don't feel bad. The costs are insane, especially for more than 1 cycle and even after reaching the safety net. Take the help

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Del. I agree, the costs are insane. Especially on top of all the every day bills too!! I really wish the gov would look at making it more affordable for everyone. I feel the same about adoption too, as I've heard the costs associated with that too are crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

Thought it was about time I joined this thread. TTC # 1 for around 2 years now. Signature says most of it.

Tried to "see what happens" for the first 4-6 months. Then actively trying for the next 6 months. Took a couple of months off and then saw an FS in May last year. Metformin with no results (I have irregular cycles - AF every 2-3 months).

DH's SA came back all clear, I got diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility". FS thinks I'm not ovulating each month. Did OI as per my signature. Skipped November as I had to have surgery at the end of October to get a cyst removed near my tailbone. Sigh.

Just went through 6 weeks of acupuncture and now on my first cycle after it. Mainly did acupuncture as my FS said we'd discuss "next steps" if the last cycle of induction didn't work. Kind of scared hitting that "next step".

Had a positive OPK on Saturday, but can't guarantee that I actually ovulated. Fx I did, though!

Will take some time to catch up on all of your stories, so in the mean time - good luck to all those testing/waiting to test/starting treatment/got their BFP/ riding out AF. xx

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN