Closed Thread
Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    UF here too. At least I have plenty of eggs for IVF. CD15 & waiting for o. Praying for a miracle birthday BFP. 36. UGH!!!

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    UF here too. At least I have plenty of eggs for IVF. CD15 & waiting for o. Praying for a miracle birthday BFP. 36. UGH!!!

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."
    Have you had the AMH test? or do mean plenty of follies from IVF drugs? AMH is the last possible option for us, but I've held off as I've read it's not overly reliable. Lots of positive vibes for a bday BFP!

Anyone else had the AMH?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Have you had the AMH test? or do mean plenty of follies from IVF drugs? AMH is the last possible option for us, but I've held off as I've read it's not overly reliable. Lots of positive vibes for a bday BFP!

Anyone else had the AMH?
    Hi Del, sorry to hear of your latest frustrating times. Yes I've had my AMH done and it's really high >50 due to my pcos. Funny you should mention it as I was going to ask you if there was any way of measuring egg quality itself ? AMH indicates ovarian reserve but not quality? The other thing I was going to ask you if you had testing for high NK cells? But given you have children already I guess it's unlikely an issue? X
    Last edited by bel2466; 11-03-2014 at 18:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Del sorry you didn't get any answers, but glad nothing seriously wrong was found! I know what you mean, i would rather have something wrong, at least you have answers! I had the AMH test, i got 36 which apparently is good. So onto clomid?

Hope Starflame is ok!

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    had my AHM test done 10 days ago and still waiting for the results.
    Is this normal? They said it would take 2-3 days at the blood collection centre.
    Need to get it before I start on my IVF meds so they can work out my dosage but got another couple of weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMissA View Post
    had my AHM test done 10 days ago and still waiting for the results.
    Is this normal? They said it would take 2-3 days at the blood collection centre.
    Need to get it before I start on my IVF meds so they can work out my dosage but got another couple of weeks.
    I got told it would take 10-14 days and yes it took about 10 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that sucks Del. have u looked in to IUI as an option? Would be cheaper than IVF. My FS said to try IUI before IVF if there's no clear reason why you HAVE to do IVF and do a max of 3 IUI cycles. She reckons if it's going to work it will happen in the first 3. We got Caleb in cycle 3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Del, I had the amh test done last month and it was 15 which apparently is normal for my age. Just one more thing to suggest I do ovulate normally every month and that there's nothing wrong! I don't want there to be something wrong but I'd find it easier to deal with being on this long hard road if there was! That is so rough that ivf may not be an option for you.

Our fs didn't recommend iui for us as there was no sperm problem so we went straight to ivf. It was a really hard decision and I think I was mourning the fact that we were giving up on conceiving naturally for a long time... I was pretty depressed about the whole situation until transfer! We had a whole 5 days of being happy and hopeful before AF arrived.

On that note, I saw the psychologist today. One session is included with each ivf cycle so I figured I'd try it since it was free! It was pretty good. I pretty much burst into tears the second we started talking! He actually had some helpful advice though and helped me look at some things from a different perspective. I'll definitely go back and have another session with my current cycle.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 4 cycles clomid; 1 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Oh that sucks Del. have u looked in to IUI as an option? Would be cheaper than IVF. My FS said to try IUI before IVF if there's no clear reason why you HAVE to do IVF and do a max of 3 IUI cycles. She reckons if it's going to work it will happen in the first 3. We got Caleb in cycle 3
    My gyno said IUI had very poor success rates for unexplained fertility with no male factor issues. DH's first SA came back fine for all three areas. He said the best success rates for UF is to go straight to IVF.

I think we will just plug away with another course of clomid and another SA. I doubt it would have changed in 2 years but there is nothing left to grasp at.

I know those with no history of infertility may be reading thinking I'm losing my mind being upset the lap showed zero. That's a good thing people are thinking? nope, it just leaves more questions than answers. And the worst thing is since my BFP in Oct my gyno now has this blase attitude that somehow this proves nothing is wrong and I'm just neurotic!
    Last edited by delirium; 11-03-2014 at 20:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    Hi Del, I had the amh test done last month and it was 15 which apparently is normal for my age. Just one more thing to suggest I do ovulate normally every month and that there's nothing wrong! I don't want there to be something wrong but I'd find it easier to deal with being on this long hard road if there was! That is so rough that ivf may not be an option for you.

Our fs didn't recommend iui for us as there was no sperm problem so we went straight to ivf. It was a really hard decision and I think I was mourning the fact that we were giving up on conceiving naturally for a long time... I was pretty depressed about the whole situation until transfer! We had a whole 5 days of being happy and hopeful before AF arrived.

On that note, I saw the psychologist today. One session is included with each ivf cycle so I figured I'd try it since it was free! It was pretty good. I pretty much burst into tears the second we started talking! He actually had some helpful advice though and helped me look at some things from a different perspective. I'll definitely go back and have another session with my current cycle.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 4 cycles clomid; 1 unsuccessful ivf.
    I also ovulate every month. sometimes I'm a bit slow to the blocks with ovulation up to cd18 or 19, but I do get there. I don't believe I have issues with egg numbers or quality but am strongly considering getting it done. Interesting about your FS saying to go straight to IVF for UF, confirms my gyno was on the right track.

I'm glad you had some positives coming out of the IVF counselling and hope you graduate from this group very soon