Closed Thread
Page 19 of 93 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Still in limbo over here. CD63 or something like that. Over it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Still in limbo over here. CD63 or something like that. Over it!
    Oh how frustrating star flame! Do you know if you ovulated this cycle yet to know if AF would be on their way soon (if not UTD)? I have heard ladies either taking Provera to bring on AF or taking say 7-10 days of the active contraceptive pills and then going on the sugar pills to bring on AF. Would either be an option? Sorry I'm not much help, but I sympathise! I had an 8 month stretch of no AF and the only thing that brought it on was 6 weeks of bootcamp!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Oh how frustrating star flame! Do you know if you ovulated this cycle yet to know if AF would be on their way soon (if not UTD)? I have heard ladies either taking Provera to bring on AF or taking say 7-10 days of the active contraceptive pills and then going on the sugar pills to bring on AF. Would either be an option? Sorry I'm not much help, but I sympathise! I had an 8 month stretch of no AF and the only thing that brought it on was 6 weeks of bootcamp!!
    I don't know if I ovulated or not, the gyno was spose to ring me back with my blood results but didn't. He won't allow me to take any provera this cycle. I had some weird stringy bloody stretchy cm last night (kind of looked like wool fibers??) and I've had nothing since so that's weird? Hopefully af is gearing up to come

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ppls ive been trying for 2.5years joinrd here to find ppl in similiar circumstances got pcos on metformin donr 2 rounds of inductiin of ovulation and now gota go on pill for a month and than do another round of induction if dorsnt work than ivf am in perth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Far out star. That's pretty unacceptable. Refusing to give you provera, don't call back with results. My longest cycles were the ones after m/c at 43-48 days and I was tearing my hair out with frustration.

Clearly this isn't an issue that you have no issues with fertility and one cycle happened to have gone a little long. Rocking up to a GP in those circumstances I could understand them saying just let it happen.

Hey vicksta!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Far out star. That's pretty unacceptable. Refusing to give you provera, don't call back with results. My longest cycles were the ones after m/c at 43-48 days and I was tearing my hair out with frustration.

Clearly this isn't an issue that you have no issues with fertility and one cycle happened to have gone a little long. Rocking up to a GP in those circumstances I could understand them saying just let it happen.

Hey vicksta!
    Yea it's pretty ****e. To be honest he's not very helpful at all, just keeps saying I'm young and have plenty of time. I have a box of primolut I found in my medicine cupboard last night and was thinking of taking it. It's does the same job as provera. I'm also thinking I should just up my dose of clomid despite what he says but I just don't know if I should

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    I found my gyno useless too, and scarily I seemed to know more about meds than he did. He had never even heard of letrozole a drug I wanted that has been proven to work as well as clomid but without ruining the lining (which is why I lost the last baby). He wanted to do 3 months on clomid then push me onto IVF. I only got the 2nd 3 months of clomid and the booking for my lap bc I pushed.

As to increasing the dose - are you ovulating on your current dose? how many months have you been taking it. My advice is don't increase the dosage if it's working or if you are coming to the end of the 6 months. It will thin your lining more. I don't want you to be like me and finally fall on the 6th month to lose it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I found my gyno useless too, and scarily I seemed to know more about meds than he did. He had never even heard of letrozole a drug I wanted that has been proven to work as well as clomid but without ruining the lining (which is why I lost the last baby). He wanted to do 3 months on clomid then push me onto IVF. I only got the 2nd 3 months of clomid and the booking for my lap bc I pushed.

As to increasing the dose - are you ovulating on your current dose? how many months have you been taking it. My advice is don't increase the dosage if it's working or if you are coming to the end of the 6 months. It will thin your lining more. I don't want you to be like me and finally fall on the 6th month to lose it
    I didn't know it thinned your lining!? I'm on 50mgs. It made me ovulate the first cycle and I didn't ovulate at all this cycle. He wants me to use 50mgs the whole 6 cycles :/ I just don't know what to do, tbh I really don't even want to take clomid again at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I didn't want to scare you but yeah it does it varying degrees. The higher you go the worse it can be. I did 2 months of 100mg despite ovulating on 50. That's why they won't allow you to do more than 6 cycles. Some women go a cycle on, cycle off to stop it. I found my scant periods (from the thin lining) were back to normal in 1 cycle.

Clomid can be a wonderful drug for those that don't ovulate. I always did but given there weren't any answers to what's going on, I figured I might as well try. Sorry if I've suggested it before, but in all the discussions I get muddled with who takes what... but have you tried soy isoflavones? beccaboobang wasn't ovulating for a year and first month of soy got pg. It helps you ovulate without thinning the lining.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya ladies. Mind if of join in?

We are currently ttc #2. I came off bc I'm oct 2012, and we started trying straight away. I've had a couple of chems in that time.

I had a mc in may 2010 and was put on metformin as I showed impaired glucose function, they suspected pcos. Our first full month on it, we concieved ds who is 3 in march.

In oct just gone my gp ordered a blood workup and ultrasound for infertility and suspected pcos, and it all came back as normal, on track for my cycle stage (got a bfp, but it never got darker, then on the 4th day it faded and af came)

So now, we are sitting in limbo...

I have a referral to an obgyn/fs but we have decided to wait until june so we are in a better position financially.

im hoping to take a relaxed approach this cycle...just to give me a break.

Generally I'm fine,.things don't really get me down......until a close friend or family member abounded they are utd. It hits me then

Proudly brought to you by me and my autocorrect fail device.