Closed Thread
Page 16 of 93 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    No never had one before, dreading it tbh as several women say they aren't nice. I really hope they find something, doubt it though since several internal u/s and HSG all came back completely clear bar a tiny cyst on each ovary that the gyno said wouldn't affect my fertility.

Is IVF a possibility finance wise Miss?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've been trying since October 2012. Apparently everything is normal, so we should have no problems conceiving naturally. I find that impossible to understand. There must be something causing it to take so long!!!

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Del- Does a lap give you a couple of months of 'heightened fertility'? Like the hsg? That would be a benefit. It's done under a GA isn't it? IVF is an option financially, I but we'd have to save for a while for number 2 if it didn't work first go. I would go for it, I can't wait any longer!

That is so annoying funchu. Did you say you were going to do an IVF or IUI?

Google is not my friend. I'm reading everything from 'plenty of people fall naturally with 0% morph and low numbers' to 'the sperm is f&$/d at those numbers and you'll need donor sperm.' Ahh roll on Feb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    We've been trying since October 2012. Apparently everything is normal, so we should have no problems conceiving naturally. I find that impossible to understand. There must be something causing it to take so long!!!

I think the further you get along the less hopeful you become of it happening. That's the case for me anyway, we've been trying since July 2011 and to even think of getting a bfp seems like a gigantic impossibility! It's quite amazing that anyone gets pregnant really when you consider what sperm go through to try and get to an egg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We'd go straight to IVF. Like you missalissa, I'm sick of the guesswork with ttc. I just want to be pregnant!

I can't wait for this cycle to be over, because then we'll be starting! I'm actually excited about it. I'm just not excited about spending the money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im with you funchu, I am over it, sex isn't fun anymore unless it's not baby making time if ya know what I mean. Feels so forced. I have tried long enough! I won't know for sure what we are doing until our next appointment, but I'm guessing ivf with icsi is guna be the go due to MIF. Hopefully your cycle goes quickly so you can get straight into it! Is your FS good? Mines a lovely woman. Hopefully I don't get to know her too well though. Lol
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining. I've been tic for 8 years. Diagnosed with male factor. We have done 16 rounds of ICSI and will go onto rnd17 in March/April when I've tried to get a bit more fit and healthy! Looking forward to having some comforting chats to people in the same boat (but hope you all get to move out of this chat shortly). Sending you all lots of baby dust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi delirium - I did a lap and while they found nothing it was reassuring in a way! Plus remember that you have supposedly heightened fertility for the next month so once you get over the discomfort you, you have something to look forward to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Rae! You've had quite a journey. You deserve some success. What male factor is the issue? We have just found out we have male issues, DH is getting more tests next week. Sorry to see you here but welcome
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks missalissa. We have low amount and quality. Which has greatly improved over the past few years by doing supplements, acupuncture and herbs plus losing some weight and avoiding caffeine. Oh and alcohol! We went from looking at donor to getting 20 sperm (which is a miracle in itself). We are now going to do one more frozen cycle and then a fresh but are also doing counselling for donor just in case. At the end of the day it is now coming Dow. To a money and time question. Hopefully you get some good news about your mfi. I can post a list later of what he takes supplements wise if you want.