+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I used to drive past my place all the time. I don't stop and gawk but I do drive slower to see of everything is in order.

I now rent interstate and try to keep the place spotless inside and out. I wouldn't care whether the landlords drove past.

I have had some shocking tenants and some agents dont care so I look at it as making sure that the tenant and agent are doing the right thing.

OP, I do agree with you though, I think your LL was overreacting.
    Out of curiosity, what is it you look for when u drive past? I mean you can only see the front yard right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is it you look for when u drive past? I mean you can only see the front yard right?
    If the lawns are mowed, if the garden is overrun with weeds, cars parked on the grass, broken fences, broken windows, rubbish in the driveway, general damage to the front of the house?

Where I used to live you would not believe whay somebof the yards looked like, people not mowing for months at a time, collecting rubbish near the bins out front etc - not all tenants take care of the house

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im the perfect tenant so i guess i have nothing to worry about. Actually i think theres a weed or two atm tho

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (07-01-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I don't know really.

Partly a sense of nostalgia of where I lived and brought my kids home to, and so hoping that someone cares for the place as much as me.

Partly to ensure all is in order.. Is the grass and garden tidy, do the blinds on the house look neat and not all twisted and crappy. Is the driveway clean.

I had tenants in my investment property who, after giving 2 months notice on our intention to inspect the property (we did it once a year coz it was interstate) left soggy towels on the carpet and a filthy bathroom the day we were there. To say we were disappointed was an understatement.
    After all, there is wear and tear, and then there's just not giving a sh1+.

I love the place I'm renting at ATM. So I look after it like I own it. I'd hope that my tenants do the same.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps I don't mean to say that I'd contact the agent for some twisted blinds btw. I'm not that an@l. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I don't know really.

Partly a sense of nostalgia of where I lived and brought my kids home to, and so hoping that someone cares for the place as much as me.

Partly to ensure all is in order.. Is the grass and garden tidy, do the blinds on the house look neat and not all twisted and crappy. Is the driveway clean.

I had tenants in my investment property who, after giving 2 months notice on our intention to inspect the property (we did it once a year coz it was interstate) left soggy towels on the carpet and a filthy bathroom the day we were there. To say we were disappointed was an understatement.
    After all, there is wear and tear, and then there's just not giving a sh1+.

I love the place I'm renting at ATM. So I look after it like I own it. I'd hope that my tenants do the same.
    I cant believe people can be so feral, whether you own the place or not, its no excuse to live like a pig.

I still ocassionaly drive past homes ive lived in if im in the area, bit of nostalgia too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and im the same, we take care of our rentals as if we owned them, am very house proud

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I must be strange as I actually wish my landlord would come to inspections.

I take a lot of pride in the homes we rent & I'd love to show it off to someone who cares as god knows the real estate doesn't

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    I must be strange as I actually wish my landlord would come to inspections.

I take a lot of pride in the homes we rent & I'd love to show it off to someone who cares as god knows the real estate doesn't
    haha true, my LL has been here to do repairs tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I add my own similar question? A few days ago our RE rang us and said the landlord wanted to know if any mail has came for them. I said yes I was keeping it aside to give the RE at our inspection next week but that if they want it I'll put it in the letterbox and they can collect it. Now the last 3 days they have came and checked our mail for their own letters! I think that's pushing it? We had to pay for mail redirection why can't they? How long do I let this go on?