+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me and I don't have much of a good news story to tell I'm afraid. I was treated for thrush for weeks and it didn't help at all. My obstetrician was finally the one who diagnosed vasospasm and gave me a medication that's usually used for high blood pressure (sorry, I can remember what it was called). It made little to no difference and 17 months later feeding DS is still painful, though nowhere near as bad as it was at the start. I still wince every time he latches. I've persevered through sheer bloody mindedness and I think the only thing that has improved it a bit is that his mouth is bigger now. I can't go bra-less as I cant stand my top rubbing my nipples, or even bed sheets. It's not much fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    was it Nifedipine countrygirl?

Quote Originally Posted by CountryGirl77 View Post
    This happened to me and I don't have much of a good news story to tell I'm afraid. I was treated for thrush for weeks and it didn't help at all. My obstetrician was finally the one who diagnosed vasospasm and gave me a medication that's usually used for high blood pressure (sorry, I can remember what it was called). It made little to no difference and 17 months later feeding DS is still painful, though nowhere near as bad as it was at the start. I still wince every time he latches. I've persevered through sheer bloody mindedness and I think the only thing that has improved it a bit is that his mouth is bigger now. I can't go bra-less as I cant stand my top rubbing my nipples, or even bed sheets. It's not much fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's the one beebs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I found a crack in my nipple! Must be the source of the pain. How do I feed dd, but let it heal? I've been putting lansinoh on it. Dd has been fussy at it last night and today, I don't know why. She latches then let's go a few hundred times before actually drinking.
    I had laser treatment, cleared the cracks in 36hrs.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just tried expressing to give my nipple a chance to heal. It opened it again and made it bleed. Dd is more gentle so ill just let her feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I just tried expressing to give my nipple a chance to heal. It opened it again and made it bleed. Dd is more gentle so ill just let her feed.
    My dd doesn't take a bottle or drink any milk (ebm, formula or cows) apart from breastfeeding. I kept feeding her and had the 2 laser session's

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It reopened. *cries*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent read the other replies, but I think you may have nipple eczema. Try using a steroid cream for one or two days (like hydrocortisone from the chemist or advantan fatty ointment on prescription), and if it begins to clear you will know. Those creams can't really do any harm so you have nothing to lose

i treated for thrush for months, saw multiple doctors, LCs etc before finally finding one who diagnosed eczema. It doesn't ever get cured, but by using the good steroid cream (advantan) you cAn keep it at bay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Mysurprisebaby are you using the steroid cream daily? Do you need to wash it off pre-feeds? Thanks.
    Also what symptoms did you have before the diagnosis?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had extreme nipple pain for 7 months from thrush, vasospasm, blocked ducts, blebs, mastitis, the only thing I didn't get was bleeding. I went to a bf doctor who followed the Royal Women's Hospital regime and took fluconazole for 2 weeks, and finally the thrush went. Then I took nifedipine for the vasospasm, but aside from all that, what I found that helped the actual pain day to day was wearing pads drenched in kitchen olive oil.
    I also read the entire kellymom site to diagnose my latest problem and try some suggestions from there, great information. Well done for persevering, it is totally awful.