+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    If I go private, how much am I likely to be out of pocket by?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    If I go private, how much am I likely to be out of pocket by?
    With or without private health insurance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    With private health insurance (I have private health, though I'm currently reviewing which company I want to be with).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went private to the mater and was out of pocket $1500-700 ish.

That was for the OB management fee.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca your health insurance only covers you in hospital. Doc appointments and ultrasounds are all at your own expense although medibank gives you some back. I'm private and going with the mater mothers private over Wesley even though I love north side. My ob management fee is $2800 and the 12 and 20 week ultrasounds are about $300 so I'm expecting to be out of pocket $3500-4000 all up depending on what else we need to pay for. Defiantly worth whey penny to me being my first and I'm a nervous reck! Plus my ob scans me every visit which is lovely!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sjk For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post
    Becca your health insurance only covers you in hospital. Doc appointments and ultrasounds are all at your own expense although medibank gives you some back. I'm private and going with the mater mothers private over Wesley even though I love north side. My ob management fee is $2800 and the 12 and 20 week ultrasounds are about $300 so I'm expecting to be out of pocket $3500-4000 all up depending on what else we need to pay for. Defiantly worth whey penny to me being my first and I'm a nervous reck! Plus my ob scans me every visit which is lovely!

I totally agree mine is costing similar out of pocket so far I've spent about $3500 (got about $700 back in rebates from Medicare) and I'm only at 25weeks but I wouldn't go public for the world. I like the idea of having my own room and own bathroom and seeing the same doc the whole way through my pregnancy. With your private health too just check that you're actually covered for pregnancy as it is an added extra or only on higher levels of cover. If not they all usually have a 12month waiting period too. Also with private you need to factor in the peadatrician fee and anathetatist fee if you require an epi they are extra too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulou789 View Post
    I totally agree mine is costing similar out of pocket so far I've spent about $3500 (got about $700 back in rebates from Medicare) and I'm only at 25weeks but I wouldn't go public for the world. I like the idea of having my own room and own bathroom and seeing the same doc the whole way through my pregnancy. With your private health too just check that you're actually covered for pregnancy as it is an added extra or only on higher levels of cover. If not they all usually have a 12month waiting period too. Also with private you need to factor in the peadatrician fee and anathetatist fee if you require an epi they are extra too.
    Very true there are a few extras.

But I know I will appreciate my own room, own bathroom and the fact that dh can stay overnight I would hate to be in there alone!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sjk For This Useful Post:

Loulou789  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lived in Runcorn and went to mater with all three if my children. It was brilliant

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mumof3munchkins86 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was living in Logan ( :-/ ). I went Mater. I have had 3 children at Mater Public and 2 at Logan. Logan really is not that bad. This pregnancy I am going to gold coast, so it's all new to me

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    When should I ask for a referral? I think I just got a bfp at 11dpo!