+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd go if my dr said it was ok I'd use it as an excuse to relax and do the absolute minimum for a while

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would go and enjoy, especially if the alternative as you said is staying at home and going to work!
    Go, put your feet up, read some great books, eat some amazing food, see the sights if you feel up to it and have a wonderful time!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was pregnant on my cruise I was 18 weeks and they not only needed a medical certificate from my dr but the cruise line asked a hundred different questions about my pregnancy history and if I was high risk- etc. the airline will most likely not be concerned- of definetly be booking travel insurance that covers pregnancy related issues before you go!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go. What a fantastic opportunity. And if your OB said it was fine that that would put me at ease. I'm sure he/she wouldn't give you the all clear if they had any doubt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say it's up to you... Myself I would go on a cruise while pregnant if things were all going well/normal etc. But being high risk and having had a bleed I wouldn't - only because on a boat in the middle of nowhere there isn't a lot of facilities (although there is a medical team on board).

However as a pp pointed out a cruise can be a 100% relaxing holiday of sleep, eat, sleep, relax, sleep etc. And you don't actually have to go ashore if you don't feel up to it

If you do go Have FUN we just returned from one to the south pacific and it was awesome.

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    After many many discussions with the OB and my husband we have decided that I will go on the cruise - but must be fully prepared! Ob is not concerned as my HG is under control now where I am not relying on medication to keep my food down anymore and its only on the bad days that I need it. As for the blood pressure - I went a bit natural and took some advice from the health food shop to try liquorice. It actually appears to be working :S no dizziness or fainting in the past few days which is good. I will be stocking up on medication for heatburn, nausea, multivitamins, panadol... the usual things! I was very grateful to the poster who mentioned the medical certificate as I now have one of these from my Ob stating that she sees no medical reason why I will not be fit for the cruise... I guess I cant do much more than that! Hubby understands that I will be fully intending to do more relaxing by the pool and enjoying lazy days rather than exploring every inch of the islands as the boat stops. Hopefully all goes ok but if anyone has extra advice regarding preparation that would also be super helpful!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LilCritter For This Useful Post:

fullofhope  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have hyperemesis, but if I felt up to it and my ob gave the okay I'd take up the opportunity . An early bleed and low blood pressure is not a reason to stay beside a hospital imo. My main concern would be needing fluids, but if the zofran is working well you should be fine .

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would check what number of 'sea' days you have and what other stops you make on the way to Tahiti. Check what sea sickness meds are safe when pregnant. and just if there is any risk of any diseases/ vaccinations needed/ recommended for the places. I cant think of a more relaxing holiday, I hope you have the best time. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out I was pregnant whilst on a cruise. I ended up spotting for a few days and just laid low in the cabin whilst we were at sea and then everything was fine. Just make sure you have the appropriate travel insurance and be careful what you eat from the buffet. Other than that, have an amazing time!