+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Going on a cruise whilst pregnant .. Or should I skip it??

I have been having a discussion with my husband today as we need to make a decision in the next few days. He has performed really well at work & as a result he has qualified for an all expenses paid cruise to Tahiti. The other high achieving staff from his work will be going too & it's just over 2 weeks away now.

I have not had the best pregnancy so far, on our honeymoon a couple of months ago I began to bleed due to a couple of haemorrhages I had in my uterus which was even more concerning as I am a- blood and my husband is positive so the risk to the baby due to bleeding was increased but luckily our little one was fine. I also have been suffering from hyperemesis & very very low blood pressure. I can handle general days out now as I have the hyperemesis under control with zofran & as long as I take regular rests I feel ok. We just don't know if me going on this cruise is a good idea?!

My Ob said she's ok with me going provided I feel up to it which I generally do but my husband is still worried.. Would you go?? If so, how would you prepare yourself?? It's for 8 days all up including our flights.

Alternatively I would be staying home & going to work during the week with my mum checking on me at night. I don't know which scenario is better :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    How far along are you?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 17 weeks - will be almost 20 by the time we go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Oh, I would go then. I suffered from hypremesis all 3 pregnancies and I still went on holidays when I was 18 weeks with DS3 and I'm glad I did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know, I wouldn't. You have had a bleed and low pressure...I think it would be a smarter idea to stay close to appropriate medical facilities should you need them. If there was an emergency it would be several hours until you could be transported to land. I wouldn't risk it. Go after you have had bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You would need permission from your doctor to cruise....what does he/she say?
    I would go if the HG is under control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    She posted in the OP that her OB has said she is fine with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being to Tahití myself and to bora bora I would not miss it! It's a once in a lifetime spot! If you are to it and you and baby have been given the all clear I would go! You can always rest as much as you can in the cabin probably more so than if you are working then cooking cleaning etc at home

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maco For This Useful Post:

JR03  (13-01-2014),LoCo  (05-01-2014),SuperGranny  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I felt up to it and my OB said it was fine I would go. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity so not something you can just do later. Plus it'll be nice to have a child free holiday (trust me lol!).

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

JR03  (13-01-2014),MrJones&Me  (05-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (05-01-2014)