+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Gosh, I am a Scrooge! But plates etc. are just not my thing.
    Same with me.

$100 would be the absolute most I would Pay!

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a dinner set from Woolies for $12, because the box was torn. Everything inside was perfect, and still going strong 12 months later . We just needed two extra plates for extras at Christmas, so it's been really good value

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Uh, $20 on a set from kmart? Lol. Im a masdive clutz, the amount of plates and bowls I have broken is huge.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Same here. I think the most I've spent on a dinner set is $30 from target about 8 years ago. I've since found an even cheaper version of this set at kmart, so as I break pieces I just replace them with a new kmart set..lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Uh, $20 on a set from kmart? Lol. Im a masdive clutz, the amount of plates and bowls I have broken is huge.

Yep me too I just purchased three plain white square dinner sets from kmart for a whopping $19 each. I got some separate bowls as the square ones are a bit small but very happy with our cheapies and food looks fancier on white square plates IMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Basically will you use it? Can you afford it? Will it be too much emotionally if a piece gets broken? If you can answer all these then get it I guess. Now is the time everything is on sale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    Yep me too I just purchased three plain white square dinner sets from kmart for a whopping $19 each. I got some separate bowls as the square ones are a bit small but very happy with our cheapies and food looks fancier on white square plates IMO
    They are the sets I buy too..lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Giggle  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got 2 noritake sets for a wedding present and use it all the time, we also use our silver cutlery set everyday and it's such a treat to eat with. If not your not going to get the use out of it then go for a cheap one and save your money.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were given a beautiful Japanese pottery set for our wedding. Worth much more than the set you have your eye on OP. It sat in a display cabinet for years until my in-laws convinced me to use it everyday. I'm so glad I did. It makes every meal much nicer to be served on beautiful plates. I think you should get it. Yes, it's a decent amount of money, but not excessive, and you will use it 3 x a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I say buy it. Life is too short for eating off cheap crockery. And please, do me a favour & throw out any pieces that chip. Eating off chipped crockery is so gross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buy it 👍