+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sleep Routine..

DD is currently 15 weeks and up until about 2 weeks ago she would sleep from about 8pm until around 5-6am.

Now she goes to bed around 8 and wakes up around 11-12 then goes back down until 6..

It kind of feels like she is going backwards with her sleep routine..

Advice anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    4 month sleep regression. Ride it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I could have written this myself. We were one wake up a night and now its up to 3 or 4. I am mega tired from resettling. He will hardly sleep during the day either. I have been trying for the last 2 hours to resettle I am sure he thinks its just a game

♥him & me = ds 17/9/2013♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    4 month sleep regression. Ride it out.
    I thought this too for my DS...except it went on and on and on. He finally realised sleep was good again at 10months.
    Make sure you stick to your routine. I changed things a bit once he started waking and I'm sure I confused him which was my undoing. Grrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They will regress and improve for years to come. My nearly 3yo still wakes up once a night most nights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes when you start solids it can tide them over for the night! I have DS solids the second feed before bed and that would tide him until the 6-7 feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtaylor View Post
    Sometimes when you start solids it can tide them over for the night! I have DS solids the second feed before bed and that would tide him until the 6-7 feed
    The OP says her child is only 15 weeks old though. Solids are not recommended until between 4-6 months and only when bub is showing signs of readiness like sitting up well, good head control, loss of tongue thrust reflex etc. also, breast milk or formula are generally higher in fats and calories than any first food they'd be having so it doesn't always work. Made zero difference to my kids!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (05-01-2014),peoniesarepretty  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    P it does sound like the beginning of the 4 month sleep regression- sounds like you have a very advanced bub to start it a bit early There really isn't much to do except ride it out I'm afraid Hopefully you have a good partner who can take turns with you- working it this way makes it so much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to clarify I said when bubs starts solids.. I didn't say anything about now as of course she is only 15wks

Thanks
    Reviews
    And in solids I mean farex which has their formula/breastmilk in it and my kids always finished the bottle that I used in making to food to they would be so full they would sleep straight through! But that's my experiences with my kids and every baby is different