I know some amount of cramps is normal in the second trimester, with the growing and stretching and all. But my goodness this hurts a lot!
I'm almost 17 weeks and I really don't know what is normal stretching/ligament pain and what might be a worry, I get:
- dull, achey period-like pain pretty much all the time (have since 4 weeks)
- sharp cramps, like pulling, when I laugh, cough, sneeze, sit down, get up… Though this has become more of a constant thing too, over the last week or two
- what feels like muscle spasms in the middle above my pubic bone a few times a day, like something suddenly squeezes for an instant
- in the same spot as above, maybe once a day, it's sort of what I imagine baby's kicks will feel like, but he's so small I don't think he could kick me that forcefully yet! It makes me jump and gasp, not exactly painful but sudden and uncomfortable.
- feeling of pressure low down, sort of like needing to pee but not quite
- occasional stabbing pains in my vagina
So does anyone get any similar aches and pains? Do any of these sound troublesome or it just a case of first-time-mum-freaking-out syndrome?
Anyone else want to share their weird and annoying abdominal pains so I don't feel alone?