+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cramps and other pains

I know some amount of cramps is normal in the second trimester, with the growing and stretching and all. But my goodness this hurts a lot!

I'm almost 17 weeks and I really don't know what is normal stretching/ligament pain and what might be a worry, I get:
    - dull, achey period-like pain pretty much all the time (have since 4 weeks)
    - sharp cramps, like pulling, when I laugh, cough, sneeze, sit down, get up… Though this has become more of a constant thing too, over the last week or two
    - what feels like muscle spasms in the middle above my pubic bone a few times a day, like something suddenly squeezes for an instant
    - in the same spot as above, maybe once a day, it's sort of what I imagine baby's kicks will feel like, but he's so small I don't think he could kick me that forcefully yet! It makes me jump and gasp, not exactly painful but sudden and uncomfortable.
    - feeling of pressure low down, sort of like needing to pee but not quite
    - occasional stabbing pains in my vagina

So does anyone get any similar aches and pains? Do any of these sound troublesome or it just a case of first-time-mum-freaking-out syndrome?
    Anyone else want to share their weird and annoying abdominal pains so I don't feel alone?
    Last edited by deku; 04-01-2014 at 21:41. Reason: forgot one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a brief reply from me. Everything you have described sounds completely normal, even the sharp cervix pain. I have had sharp cervix pain all the time since about week 5, it's either bub kicking cervix or stretching around cervix.
    Once the kicking starts up properly, you will continue to feel the sharp pain inside vagina, but as well as painless kicks and movements seen and felt by hand
    and all the other pains etc are all normal. Obviously tho if there are continuous and regular contractions or fluid/blood then it should be looked at
    Last edited by Kazza78; 06-01-2014 at 13:50.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

deku  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey im 14 weeks & 3 days pregnant & im also experiencing most of the stuff you listed. It stresses me occasinally but I dont have any spotting or bleeding so im just assuming that its fairly normal. Im seeing my midwife next week so im going to ask her then - is there a midwife or ob you could call to put your mind at rest?

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

deku  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I'm glad other people are suffering annoying pains too! (well I'm not glad that anyone is suffering but you know what I mean!)

Thankfully I've not had any bleeding/spotting or other major issues.
    Feeling like I have period pain is a total PITA though, I always thought pregnancy was this lovely break from periods and all that comes with them!

Getting a check-up tomorrow so will take the extended version of this list to ask them about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya just thought I'd post in here incase it helps someone else too. I spoke to my ob today for the same issues - have been having bad back cramps and sharp stabbing pain in my lower abdomen but no bleeding. He said my scans are fine (rules out ovarian issues etc) and it's just my ligaments stretching - a perfectly normal part of pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    17 weeks here and have exactly the same set of pains x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get the same hideous, horrible pains too (week 20 now) - went to hospital just incase and turns out to be the ligament stretching thing. Felt like an idiot, but the little guys still merrilly sommersaulting away in there.

(Feels like he's slam dancing some days lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been experiencing the same. I called the hospital one night I was so worried but they said unless I had bleeding it all sounded normal. I checked with my ob too and again he said it was normal. When I have bad back pain I get on all fours for 5-10 mins and baby then finds another position taking pressure off my back.
    Hope it settles down quickly!