+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 643
  1. #531
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey4 View Post
    I have no advise @rainbowroad but you have my sympathy!

    Tonight was the first night in Dd's 10 months of life that I left her to cry herself to sleep. I now have a bad case of the mummy guilts and haven't slept because of it.

    She only has one day sleep which isn't really enough so by 6 she needs to be in bed, but lately she hasn't been falling asleep and has cried when put to bed until she falls asleep in her bouncer or in my arms at 8-9. Tonight I tried to get her to sleep for hours and hours, by 9.30 I was exhausted and just put her in her bed and walked away. She did end up falling asleep after not to long but I have never been able to leave her to cry before, I don't know what is what that made me allow myself to do it this time.

    I feel awful.
    Don't feel awful, my son is one who needs to be left alone to fall asleep. When we went to a day stay at sleep school, I was spending 40min+ at every sleep patting/rocking/whatever to try and get him to sleep, while he screamed and cried the whole time. The first sleep there, he cried for 20min (much less distressed than when I was "helping" him) and then by the second sleep, he grizzled for 5 min and went to sleep. He's now three and any attempts to help him get to sleep do not work!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (21-11-2014)

  3. #532
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked
    468
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hes doing it to me again. Saw tired signs, did a wind down routine (rocked in rocking chair, dark low stimulus room, white noise, wrapped, sang a song) & then when I put him in his cot he started trying to play again. I patted & shushed & sang & banged the mattress but he kept trying to play until he just lost it & started SCREAMING.

    Now I cant get him down at all, anywhere.

    I guess he just wont sleep then, if thats what he wants.

    So over this. I thought I was doing everything right, consistantly etc, I just dont understand why it wont work

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. #533
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,266
    Thanks
    2,556
    Thanked
    1,262
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Hes doing it to me again. Saw tired signs, did a wind down routine (rocked in rocking chair, dark low stimulus room, white noise, wrapped, sang a song) & then when I put him in his cot he started trying to play again. I patted & shushed & sang & banged the mattress but he kept trying to play until he just lost it & started SCREAMING.

    Now I cant get him down at all, anywhere.

    I guess he just wont sleep then, if thats what he wants.

    So over this. I thought I was doing everything right, consistantly etc, I just dont understand why it wont work

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Try not to lose heart. My DD did the exact same thing and still does now at 14 months. She will be sleepy but then as soon as I put her down its like she's found a new burst of energy. As she's gotten older I've noticed that it seems to be relief that she's been put in her bed, if that makes sense? Maybe when you put him in his cot next time just put him down, such him and leave? I find that if I do that (and did that) dd will faff for a little and wriggle a bit then go to sleep. (And that's the same as she did when she was little) it turns out me staying and doing all the patting etc was just stopping her from sleeping and keeping her stimulated.

  5. #534
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,069
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,956
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Hes doing it to me again. Saw tired signs, did a wind down routine (rocked in rocking chair, dark low stimulus room, white noise, wrapped, sang a song) & then when I put him in his cot he started trying to play again. I patted & shushed & sang & banged the mattress but he kept trying to play until he just lost it & started SCREAMING.

    Now I cant get him down at all, anywhere.

    I guess he just wont sleep then, if thats what he wants.

    So over this. I thought I was doing everything right, consistantly etc, I just dont understand why it wont work

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You poor thing

    Quite often by the time bub is displaying the obvious tired signs it is too late. By that point it's a rush against the clock to get bub to bed, so I would cut back on some of the routine you've got. Keep it very short ....1-3 minutes from when you notice the tired sign bub should be in bed. Nappy, swaddle, quick cuddle while signing then put bub down. It's possible that by having too much going on (song, white noise, patting, banging mattress etc) you're over stimulating bub. My first used to have a horrible witching period in the evening. I tried everything to get him to sleep, white noise, sleepy light shoes, singing. In the end it hit me: less is best. Within 3 nights if me cutting out the stimulation (including giving the night feed in front of the TV) the witching stopped.

    If you want a cheats way (which is what I did because I sucked at picking tired signs) look up average awake times for your bubs age. Then 15 minutes before that time is up out yourself on heightened alert for bubs tired signs/bed. If you want the extra cheats way (like me) look into a routine for your bubs weight/age and it can really help to take the guess work out of it. I understand routine is by for everyone though.

    Hang in there.

  6. #535
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,417
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked
    2,217
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm exhausted.

    Hugo doesn't sleep well unless I'm on the bus, have the tv on or pushing the pram. This does not work for DD. I just want to cry actually I am crying on the bus.

    If I lay him down in his cot for more than 60 seconds he makes himself sick. He doesn't have reflux at all he just works himself up to point of this. Done chiro done osteo done everything. WHY WONT U SLEEP FOR ME. He won't even take a ****ING bottle. Or food.

    I'm so over it.

  7. #536
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked
    468
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I'm exhausted.

    Hugo doesn't sleep well unless I'm on the bus, have the tv on or pushing the pram. This does not work for DD. I just want to cry actually I am crying on the bus.

    If I lay him down in his cot for more than 60 seconds he makes himself sick. He doesn't have reflux at all he just works himself up to point of this. Done chiro done osteo done everything. WHY WONT U SLEEP FOR ME. He won't even take a ****ING bottle. Or food.

    I'm so over it.
    Hugs!

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. #537
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,197
    Thanks
    5,638
    Thanked
    4,742
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I'm exhausted.

    Hugo doesn't sleep well unless I'm on the bus, have the tv on or pushing the pram. This does not work for DD. I just want to cry actually I am crying on the bus.

    If I lay him down in his cot for more than 60 seconds he makes himself sick. He doesn't have reflux at all he just works himself up to point of this. Done chiro done osteo done everything. WHY WONT U SLEEP FOR ME. He won't even take a ****ING bottle. Or food.

    I'm so over it.
    Will he take a dummy? What about you @heartstringz?

  9. #538
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked
    468
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope my ds wont take a dummy, tried heaps of different ones

    Edit: and herewe go again. I just spent the last hour trying to get him down, anywhere. He spent half of that time laughing in his cot (after showing me tired signs) so I just walked out & left him there. Then he lost the plot & screamed the place down & wouldnt stop, wouldnt settle anywhere. He was also yawning & rubbing his eyes whilst screaming.

    And now hes laughing again in his rocker

    I guess I just wont bother anymore. If he wants to be awake for the entire day then he guess I can be. Ive tried to help him go to sleep & it just doesnt work.

    I guess ill just make my injury even worse by carrying/wearing him around the house for hours & hours each day when hes losing the plot cause hes so overtired. God im so over this. And so confused about when hes actually tired.

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by heartstringz; 21-11-2014 at 16:01.

  10. #539
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,069
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,956
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Nope my ds wont take a dummy, tried heaps of different ones

    Edit: and herewe go again. I just spent the last hour trying to get him down, anywhere. He spent half of that time laughing in his cot (after showing me tired signs) so I just walked out & left him there. Then he lost the plot & screamed the place down & wouldnt stop, wouldnt settle anywhere. He was also yawning & rubbing his eyes whilst screaming.

    And now hes laughing again in his rocker

    I guess I just wont bother anymore. If he wants to be awake for the entire day then he guess I can be. Ive tried to help him go to sleep & it just doesnt work.

    I guess ill just make my injury even worse by carrying/wearing him around the house for hours & hours each day when hes losing the plot cause hes so overtired. God im so over this. And so confused about when hes actually tired.

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Check this article out:

    http://www.troublesometots.com/are-y...wake-too-long/

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    heartstringz  (21-11-2014),Mad84  (21-11-2014)

  12. #540
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,648
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked
    428
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going to be a pain and give you the worst advice I was ever given.
    Let him stay awake all day.
    Just 1 full day.
    Wake him at 8am and every time he looks like he wants to sleep play with him or feed him. Make it fun and relaxed.
    If by 6pm he is still awake start your bedtime routine with a warm bath. Warm milk. Warm cuddles.
    I know it sounds like the worst advice ever but it was enough to reset my boy and make sure he was tired at bedtime.
    I did it for a week as he was older than your Bub. He had developed bad sleep habits.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Sleep School/Sleep Rescue.. What can I expect?
    By JNC_B2012 in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-11-2013, 19:00
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-11-2013, 13:21
  3. Sleep School/Sleep Specialist - Good? Bad? What's your experience?
    By Mom2TwoDSs in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 22-02-2013, 12:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
The Little Gym Bella Vista
Get ready for some serious, fun gymnastics! The Little Gym Bella Vista
The world’s premier experiential learning and physical development center for children ages 4 months - 12 years. Create opportunities for your child to try new things and build self-confidence, all with a grin that stretches from ear to ear
featured supporter
Maternity Clothes
Looking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find preloved maternity wear
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!