+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Small business complaint. Advise needed

Hi all
    Not sure where to post this but hoping some of you may be able to help...

Long story short, we paid for a small business (husband and wife) to come clean our house before chrissy. It was first time we've ever had a cleaner and I found them through a local community Facebook page. I chose them for the fact they were registered, insured and claimed to come back if customers were unhappy. .. fast forward....
    The hubby came, was a total slimy sleazeball and bought his son to the job which was hiding in my room till I saw him and said hi. He spent all of 3.5hrs here just for a general clean and 2.5 hrs was him bragging about himself and how hes the best cleaner around blah blah. In this time he also had a ***** and swear off about his wife who wouldnt come help him as she had 3 other kids... he even asked if I could watch all 4 of them while they cleaned! He was in a panic to get to his next job as he was too busy talking shish!!!
    Anyways he ended up leaving I look over the job hes done and hes ruined a nearly brand spanking new stainless steel oven. Ruined! Scratched paint off knobs, stripped stainless steel finish. Its effed! Also the cleaning job was pityful! I paid $140!!
    I contacted his wife who was lovely initially and they came back that night 4 kids in tow to clean everything up. No apology either. So we show them the oven the wife sees it and starts frantically trying to 'fix' it. Which she couldnt do as its stripped! I said im happy to let everything else slide but I want my oven fixed and new knobs. Its very obvious...
    They said they will get onto it and started to say our oven is shish quality and they haven't used anything different to any other ss oven. We let them leave giving them the benefit of the doubt they would fix it. Last week we got a msg asking model name of oven for replacement knobs and they would give us $50 refund for stovetop clean as the husband didnt do it! (I sent them a msg showing the photo of it)
    So in this time I speak to my sis over chrissy who is in charge of managing a cleaning company, she sees it and agrees its effed. Its been stripped to no return :-(
    So no refund or calls/msg as of today to let us know anything so dh msgs wife. She tells him no refund as knobs cost them $100 & he is never to contact them again.. umm im sorry wtf?!!
    I forgot to mention she told me from the start dh is not to be involved... I must add dh is the most placid of all ppl and he pays them!!
    So I just contacted her and told her im really disappointed that they are not taking responsibility, she is the one that offered us the refund and my poor dh has paid their bill! I told her she couldve at least told us if she changed her mind on the refund, how were we to know?
    Anyway I know this is long and hope it makes sense but im really effed off now and want to take it further. Just put an enquiry through to accc.
    Can anyone tell me what else I could/should be doing???? I really need some direction
    Tia

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Small business complaint. Advise needed

No advice op, but what a sh*tty situation! Particularly when you were so careful checking out that they were registered/insured etc. I hope it's resolved for you.

Edited to add - how do you check a cleaning company is actually registered?
    Who do they register with? What does the body they register with do?
    We're looking at getting a cleaning in the coming months and I'd love to know so we don't get caught :/
    Last edited by #Mama; 03-01-2014 at 20:06.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know but I would be royally ****ed off if I was you! Hope you can sort something out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy Duck For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would threaten them with fair trading/consumer affairs. Have you checked their ABN is legit?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy  (03-01-2014),olismumma  (03-01-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're looking at getting a cleaning in the coming months and I'd love to know so we don't get caught :/[/QUOTE]

Im not too sure actually. . But good question id like to know also.
    Anyone??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What's their business name?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    We're looking at getting a cleaning in the coming months and I'd love to know so we don't get caught :/
    Im not too sure actually. . But good question id like to know also.
    Anyone??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app[/QUOTE]

I think she was asking as you said in the original op they you checked they were registered and insured....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to grooviechic35 For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they're insured.. Shouldn't they claim it on insurance? The damage might not be worth as much as the excess though. Regardless it needs to be fixed!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (03-01-2014),SpecialPatrolGroup  (04-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I would threaten them with fair trading/consumer affairs. Have you checked their ABN is legit?
    Thats a start im just thinking they think theyre invisible as I have no proof my oven didnt look like this from start :-(
    Also they tried to tell us rust look on knobs that have been stripped is oil..wtf! I said if it was oil a lil soapy water wouldve washed it right off... which I tried! I dont even use chemicals. Also we saw products they used as he left it here and it said on back "do not apply to plastic surfaces" which the knobs are! When I told the wife we read the product she said if it did this to the knobs it would've done same to rest of oven.... umm no as rest of oven isnt plastic!!!
    Ill check abn now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Shame them on the FB page for starters.
    You should be able to check their ABN through the same website.

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

Lennie  (04-01-2014),olismumma  (03-01-2014)