+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Money saving tips

Ok people give me all of your money saving tips even if they are crazy and out there. Our goal this year is to save as much as we can and live off as little as possible so that we can purchase a farm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't buy anything on credit. If you use your credit card for points, fine, but it needs to be paid off ASAP. Don't be tempted to buy what you can't afford right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you know if you can set up through internet banking where you can transfer money to your savings account but can transfer out of it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually in internet banking have and apply/offers tab.... In there u should be able to make one in there. It would be just a normal savings account.... But u can always ring and ask them to change criteria

Thanks
    Reviews
    We save money on our interest for our mortgage by having a 100% offset account attached to it. We get our monthly interest charged on our loan minus the amount in our savings. We save about $400 per month on interest! This means we live off our credit card then pay it off every month after the interest is charged.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by caketin View Post
    We save money on our interest for our mortgage by having a 100% offset account attached to it. We get our monthly interest charged on our loan minus the amount in our savings. We save about $400 per month on interest! This means we live off our credit card then pay it off every month after the interest is charged.
    Same here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've found that doing the weekly grocery shopping online has saved us money - you can scroll through all the specials on the woolworths website, have a weekly meal plan and only buy what you need, and you don't waste money on impulse purchases just because they're there. And if I can't remember if we've run out of something, I don't have to guess - I can just get up & check.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There's lots of similar threads here if you do a search. I'm rubbish with money but my big ones would be - write a budget, commit to saving a certain amount each week and put that money away first when you get paid before you buy groceries, etc. Make your own washing powder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by caketin View Post
    Hmmm. I have an offset account but don't do this (live off credit card then pay credit card after interest is charged). Is the saving to your home loan worth the interest charged to your credit card??