+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 21 day Progesterone results????

So we have recently started ttc baby #3, and for the first time I decided to use opks and realised that I am Oing about day 21 of a 28 day cycle. A bit of history- I have had 2 babies - both backdated a week at dating scan.
    - have had 3 chems 4w, 4.5w and 5w.
    - have had 2 mc both at 6w.

my results came back at 25 and I cant get into see dr till the 2nd of January.

I know they are only just low but can anyone tell me what it might mean????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to clarify, did you have the bt on day 21 or 7 days after you think you o'd??? It is a common misconception they need to be done on day 21- meant to be done 7 days after o to confirm it occured! Does that make sense??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    Just to clarify, did you have the bt on day 21 or 7 days after you think you o'd??? It is a common misconception they need to be done on day 21- meant to be done 7 days after o to confirm it occured! Does that make sense??
    It was done on day 21 of my cycle, I didn't do opks this month so I'm not sure when I O'd. I did tell the dr that I O'd late but she didn't seem to care. She also said a LP of 7-10 days was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeek mine lp was 10 days and my fs said that was a lutal phase defect and got me onto clomid pronto. I o'd day 18/19 of a 29 day cycle. And had 6 early miscarriages including an ectopic which my fs said was because of my lpd.

Maybe every doctor is different, but mine wanted me to have it done day 21 on cycle one only. That confirmed I didn't o mid cycle and needed assistance. Every other cycle after that I did the test 7 days after I thought I o'd to confirm. I have friends who have really long cycles, so them doing the test on day 21 is pointless. Does that make sense? Day 21 will only confirm o in a perfect cycle ie 28 days with o on day 14.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rach85 For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If have no experience here, but I do know that its supposed to be 7 days after you think you have o'd, only cd 21 if you have 28 day cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    If have no experience here, but I do know that its supposed to be 7 days after you think you have o'd, only cd 21 if you have 28 day cycle.
    I have a 28day cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeek mine lp was 10 days and my fs said that was a lutal phase defect and got me onto clomid pronto. I o'd day 18/19 of a 29 day cycle. And had 6 early miscarriages including an ectopic which my fs said was because of my lpd.

Maybe every doctor is different, but mine wanted me to have it done day 21 on cycle one only. That confirmed I didn't o mid cycle and needed assistance. Every other cycle after that I did the test 7 days after I thought I o'd to confirm. I have friends who have really long cycles, so them doing the test on day 21 is pointless. Does that make sense? Day 21 will only confirm o in a perfect cycle ie 28 days with o on day 14.
    She was just a GP, I have a referral to a FS but his office doesn't open back up till the 20th, so I don't know how long till I get an appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CassJ View Post
    I have a 28day cycle.
    This is only if you o'd on cd day 14 tho. If you know you usually o'd on cd 21 then bt should have been cd 28. That gp doesn't sound very knowledgable . It sounds like you are o'ding and need to help lp along a bit

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly wouldn't put too much thought into these results, they are low, but if you o late that is to be expected. Like I said I have a 29 day cycle but o day 18/19 so would get the bt day 25. When results were low on day 25 I needed to increase clomid dose . The two times my results were good day 25 I was pregnant with my dd and this bub that is due in 3.5 weeks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rach85 For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly wouldn't put too much thought into these results, they are low, but if you o late that is to be expected. Like I said I have a 29 day cycle but o day 18/19 so would get the bt day 25. When results were low on day 25 I needed to increase clomid dose . The two times my results were good day 25 I was pregnant with my dd and this bub that is due in 3.5 weeks
    I have made an appointment with a Dr I know better for the 2nd, she's an OB so hopefully she will have a better idea what to do about my short LP. From what your saying we need to redo the test.